The big move !!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
Want to try an all grain soon, but thinking about trying a semi kit first. And also would like it too be a lager. So what equipment do I need ? Example do I need a carboy ? To ferment or can I use my plastic buckets to start off ? Ect. Ect.

Creepersale said:
Want to try an all grain soon, but thinking about trying a semi kit first. And also would like it too be a lager. So what equipment do I need ? Example do I need a carboy ? To ferment or can I use my plastic buckets to start off ? Ect. Ect.

I just made the jump to all grain to. I just brewed my second batch this weekend, I had horrible efficiency. It really depends on the equipment you have? I would skip the semi kit. What i would do is find a recipe thats cheap to make.You can ferment in either one, but your gonna need a way to control your temps because larger temps usually need to be in the 50's. Hope you go all grain it's a lot of fun cheers!

Yea I need to find a good but cheap recipe. Did you have order your ingredients online or does your local HB shop carry them ?

For all grain brewing, you only need a good size mash tun that is well insulated, a brew pot that is large enough to hold all the wort that will be boiled down to the right amount, and some kind of fermenter, glass carboy, better bottle or food grade bucket.

BrewingRugger said:
For all grain brewing, you only need a good size mash tun that is well insulated, a brew pot that is large enough to hold all the wort that will be boiled down to the right amount, and some kind of fermenter, glass carboy, better bottle or food grade bucket.

Ya what he said haha. My local hb shop. It's easier that way to cause you can ask some questions an hang out. They usually have free samples to😃 so you might find something you like. Idk where your from but google your city state an homebrew shop an I'm sure you'll find something. An one last note all grain is usually cheaper an it pays out in the long run. Happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back