The best way to fill a Cornelius keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No leaks - I'm not even using my manifold right now (haven't finished leaktesting and teflon'ing) so I'm just using single-QD off the tank. It's on there right tightly, and I'm shutting it off between each use. We kick a keg between weekly to every other week. I'd guesstimate 50 pints per week is not too far off. That's 4 pints per night for both SWMBO and I, 7 days a week. Probably about right. I force carb, too, so that's additional gas usage.

That said, now that I'm actually looking at a calendar, it's probably closer to 6-8 weeks per refill. 4 weeks may have been a tad liberal of an estimate.

Sorry re: the fog bit, Parva, I totally missed the subtext of what you were saying. My bad. :drunk:

No leaks - I'm not even using my manifold right now (haven't finished leaktesting and teflon'ing) so I'm just using single-QD off the tank. It's on there right tightly, and I'm shutting it off between each use. We kick a keg between weekly to every other week. I'd guesstimate 50 pints per week is not too far off. That's 4 pints per night for both SWMBO and I, 7 days a week. Probably about right. I force carb, too, so that's additional gas usage.

That said, now that I'm actually looking at a calendar, it's probably closer to 6-8 weeks per refill. 4 weeks may have been a tad liberal of an estimate.

Sorry re: the fog bit, Parva, I totally missed the subtext of what you were saying. My bad. :drunk:

hmmm... My kegging stuff just arrived today. Apparently, if I ever actually brew/keg enough to cover my consumption, I'm going to need a bigger tank (not to mention more kegs). :drunk:

Heh, yeah ChrisS68, more kegs is a good thing. I've got 10 and I still find myself wanting more. Might have to stop @ 14, or SWMBO will kill me.

Back