The best Michigan intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhirlingBastard

Reaction score
Hello from Michigan. My name is Shane and I live in the Hartland /Howell area. I've been brewing now for about two months. I wish I would have started so long ago. Although starting up has drained my wallet but no issue.

So last Saturday myself and Amishland (From this forum) got together at my house to brew a great bourbon oak porter. The first dark beer I had brewed. It was truly a great day to brew outside with friends the wife and my dogs. Can't get that picture to below the file limit size. Bummer...

First picture is of me and the king stick
A pic of me and Jay pouring the wort.

O.k now for you best bottle lovers. You can smile over the last picture. I went to open the sliding door in my basement and .....

So as a newbie I could use some tips on how to get the smell and sticky feeling out of the carpet. I rented a carpet cleaner from Lowe's with no luck. The stain is set and wife not happy about my new hobbie.

I look forward to learning from all of you and hope someday to return the favor.

IMG_3216_1.jpg

IMG_3228_1.jpg

IMG_3251_1.jpg

LOL! Awesum! I'm sorry to report that you are not likely to completely remove that stain.

I'd try some oxyclean though and see what happens.

Greetings from Farmington Hills. That carpet is hosed. Distract her with something shiny from the jewelry store and cover up the stain with a throw rug.

Welcome to HBT! Thanks for the pictures.

Sorry about the carpet. Oxyclean will help, and the smell will disapate with time. I doubt it'll ever come out completely, though. That stinks literally.

Again, welcome to HBT! :mug:

Welcome aboard. I don't know about wort, but Shout gets red wine out of carpet. (My carpet has had a few glasses of red wine spilled over it's short life so far.)

Welcome aboard. Before I moved out to Washington I lived in Howell for 5 years or so. I wasn't really brewing back then, but used to spend as much time as possible at all the breweries around.

If it's any consolation, a Better Bottle would have made almost as much of a mess. Drop one of those and a good quantity of your beer comes geysering out the top!

Thanks, but I would rather have lost half then the whole batch on the floor. Not to forget the glass shattered everywhere. We are not walking in the basment bare foot for a while.

Back