The best beer I ever tried

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
I went to the Sacramento Capitol Beer Fest this past Sunday (3/9).

One beer I tried stood out from the rest. A bourbon barrel aged Russian imperial stout on cherries. It was from Speakeasy in San Francisco.

Oh. My. God.

This beer was amazing. Complex, fruity, boozy, smooth, oaky, bourbony, malty, wow. There was so much going on but everything came together incredibly well. It's a good thing they don't distribute this beer or I might never drink anything else again.

Sorry you didn't get a chance to taste it! :tank:

I was there, too. Great event with lots of great beer.

I particularly liked Nikasi's tent. Tricerhops. Mmmmmm....

Here's a shot looking east along the Mall to the Capitol...

image.jpg

Right on man, that's sounds great. One of my favorite brews is the Barrel Aged Big Foot Ale at Sierra Nevada. Too bad you can't buy it anymore. Maybe they'll make another batch. I only drank it at the brewery because it had sold out to the public. Cool thing was the tours were free and you could only get it in the tap room after the tour. Needless to say I went on many tours while living in Chico. I do love Sac and I imagine that was a pretty nice event. Nice picture by the way. I miss those streets.

Latest posts

Back