That's what you call encouragement . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yashicamat

Reaction score
I have 3 beers on the go at the moment, but they're all in primaries and have ages to go yet.:(

Well, temptation got the better of me just now.:eek: I have a demijohn with just 4 litres of pale beer in which I threw together to use up some left over ingredients from when I made a starter wort for my liquid yeast, as well as using up an old open bag of hops. So it was crude, just fuggles hops and light DME - nothing else. Well, there's been no airlock activity really for days (bubble maybe every 5 mins at most) so I decided to sneak a tiny sample out (even though it's got a while in the primary and then even longer for conditioning).

Oh boy! Tastes fantastic!:rockin: Prior to this all my beers have been from kits, but this tastes so much better and complex, despite the simplicity of the recipe! I cannot wait to taste my slightly more complicated recipe involving crystal malt, cascades etc. in the carboy. I will wait until at least racking time before I do that though!

This is so encouraging coming from kit beers.:D

My last winging it was something like a brown ale and it turned out to be one of my best beers after about three months of aging. I even liked it better than MBC's brown ale!

I usually would never get results like that from winging it. (I mean, just using what I had and taking no measurements or anything)

Back