That moment when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanryates

Reaction score
You find out that a full keg of your best Black IPA is now at the bottom of your keezer. Doh!

So pissed right now. Loose hose clamp on the shank. I guess even old dogs make rookie mistakes from one time to another.

F*ck

That sucks man. That really sucks. I once accidentally dumped my entire batch onto my basement floor when filling my fermenter from my brew kettle. The hose slipped out while I was in another room. When I came back, six gallons was soaking into the cement...

after walking in to the fly shop to open up for the day....you realize the keys are still at home:mad:.

trout

you realize you left the spigot open to your carboy when racking wort from the kettle to the fermentor.

you put your carboy full of your favorite Stout down, and it just separates in half for no known reason, and you lose it all into the ferm chamber

You realize your dumba$$ needs to make more beer???
happens to me all the time

You kegged 5 gallons of beer and 4got 2 purge the head space...I remember 3 days later while I was laying in bed about 2 go 2 sleep haha I ran down stairs and purged the **** out of it lol donno if that did anything or not

You find out that a full keg of your best Black IPA is now at the bottom of your keezer. Doh!

Did that last year with a Dubbell. Note to self - never hurry to keg before going out of town.

Final cleaning of favorite carboy and go to flip it upside down to drain and it slips out of hand and crashes on the floor into several pieces. Damit!!!!

When you forget that the picnic tap you have in your hand is locked in the open position as you put the gas QD onto the keg...

When you forget that the picnic tap you have in your hand is locked in the open position as you put the gas QD onto the keg...

Same thing but the tap on my keezer, which is about head height (when bent over) and splashes beer into you face...

So pissed right now. Loose hose clamp on the shank. I guess even old dogs make rookie mistakes from one time to another.

F*ck

I was very close to being here....I closed my keezer lid and heard a faintsplashing sound. Opened it up, and whne I shut the lid one of the picnic taps had been sitting up high enough that the lid opened it up and started pumping beer out. I'm glad I caught it, otherwise I would have had an empty keg AND an empty CO2 tank.

You're looking into your boil kettle to take the temp and your shirt gets caught on the ball valve and blows hot wort all over you. SMH luckily it was only about 170.

Back