Thanksgiving 2013 Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sipwreck

Reaction score
First Happy holidays!!! Brewing, what I would like to call, a Double Chocolate Stout this weekend. I want a heavy Chocolate flavor obviously, So I plan on using a Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Powder. Any recommendations on when and how to introduce the Chocolates? I was planning the Cocoa 15mins before flame out and the Dark Chocolate in Secondary.

Try adding 6-8oz of cacao nibs post-fermentation. Give them about 10 days contact with the beer before bottling/kegging. I did this for an oatmeal stout and got an amazing chocolate flavor.

Try adding 6-8oz of cacao nibs post-fermentation. Give them about 10 days contact with the beer before bottling/kegging. I did this for an oatmeal stout and got an amazing chocolate flavor.

I've done this too and it worked real well. Just a word of advice though, if you add them straight to the corny be prepared to clean out the chocolate sludge soon after killing the keg. I let mine sit for like 5 days and almost had to chisel the stuff out of my dip tube

ok still cleaning up, but today was great success, although mother nature tried to freeze me out. Water source was frozen had to hump water from kitchen!!! I decided to add cocoa at 10 prior to flameout and might add cocoa to secondary during racking. I will sample first!!!

Back