Thank you to Morebeer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storytyme

Reaction score
I wanted to give proper respect to morebeer.com. Here is what they did: I live in Northern California where the town of Paradise got absolutely destroyed by the Camp Fire. I used to teach in Paradise and know a lot of people that lost their homes. My one friend whose friendship has grown due to homebrewing was able to escape the flames with his family, but lost their home and all his brewing equipment. He just started brewing and his excitement of the hobby motivated me to brew even more. With everything that is needed for these families to recover it would be hard to justify spending money on brewing equipment when you need all the essentials of daily life. I felt like I wanted to do something so I reached out to as many online brewing supply business that I could think of and told them his story. Most of them replied with their deepest condolences and were working with other groups to possibly help, but they couldn't help individuals. Except Morebeer. They got back to me right away and Richard said they wanted to help my friend directly. Tomorrow I will receive their premium homebrew starter kit that I will hold for my friend until his housing situation is stabilized. He is beyond grateful. They did not have to do this, but they did. It will bring a bit of calmness to such a choatic situation. I know there are many homebrewers in Paradise that lost everything, but my friend I knew the best and thanks to Morebeer he will hopefully be brewing again soon. Thank you for taking the time for reading this and THANK YOU MOREBEER!

That is very cool. It would have been easy for MoreBeer to take the route that other companies did and say, "We're working with groups to help the whole area." Instead, they went above and beyond. I gave my wife a xmas list with a ton of stuff from MoreBeer and after reading this, I'm glad I did.

Damn, that's really cool of them! I've been a customer of theirs for a number of years and have always been a happy & satisfied customer. Kudos to MoreBeer for such a cool deed! :)

Rev.

It's getting dusty in here.

I've always been impressed by MoreBeer. Now I'm even more impressed. While fire victims need essentials right now, I think that having a small creature comfort will help one get through tough times of loss. That brew kit will mean a lot. Anything to help get one step closer to a normal life.

Man I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he gets a good place soon.
Very cool of Morebeer to do this.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I for sure will be doing any online shopping with morebeer. My friend is fine and will be moving into a home soon. Cheers everyone!

I just bought a 50# sack of 2 row from them yesterday. Will be here Saturday. $37 plus shipping. $53 out the door to my house. Cheaper than My LHBS....Shipping is usually a killer. Happy camper.

That’s awesome to hear a story like this in these times. Need to hear more companies stepping up to the plate like Morebeer!

Sorry to hear about your friend's situation. I wish him and his family the best.

As for morebeer, those dudes are cool. Customer service is top notch. I've had to call them a few times, and they're always super helpful.

I’m usually just a lurker on these forums, but the above post moved me to add my .02.

Good job Morebeer !

They ARE my go-to sight for equipment and supplies.

Bravo!!!!!

Latest posts

Back