Tequila apple, honey, pear cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seekretsqrl

Reaction score
I'm using a cider house apple pear kit and added 2 lbs of clover honey (which I've done before). After primary fermentation is completed I'm adding Tequila soaked oak chips into the fermentor. I've been soaking said chips ( about a cup and a half) for two weeks. My question is how long do you think i should leave the chips in the bucket after primary fermentation is complete? I'm "cloning" a Magners tequila pear cider I tried a month ago. Any help would be appreciated just made the batch tonight.

No Idea.. BUT I like the idea of using Honey vice sugar in primary! How has this worked out for you (or is this the first time?).
I may actually back-sweeten with honey now that I think about it! ??

Ive put at least a pound of honey in the last four batches and it just adds enough "honey flavor" to accentuate the apple. I dont think i'd not put it in. I've oaked beer before so maybe I'll try it that way and just keep an eye on it.

Latest posts

Back