Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wives? how many you got this isn't Utah you know... I come thru that area everyday after work or can its 1 of the route to take. so anyday would be good for me.

Can you get the grain Friday night? I could help after work I could take the truck and get some of it then if your down for a working night after work. that way it could expedite things saturday morning.

Damn smartphone. Let me see how the week goes, but Friday night sounds like a good plan.

I'm still taking the over at 2.5 sacks. (technically they screwed up 2x already if we include the quote) But this should be interesting; think of all the possibilities of what could happen with 84 items :D

So what do they do when they screw it up. Are You stuck with a 90% order and grain you might not want?

Got a pretty sweet present tonight.
dfd682a6.jpg

I've had one of each. Both live up to the hype. Got 4 six packs of each.

THA is quite nice. Cultured the yeast from the dregs of a couple bottles and then pitched onto my Oberon clone. Turned out really well. Working the 4th generation of the strain and still going strong.

So what do they do when they screw it up. Are You stuck with a 90% order and grain you might not want?

Bobby gets to called and give them an ear-full (sp?) of unpleasantness. But they have seemed to fix the issues in the past. They sent the wrong organic grain and forgot the Carapils last time....and that was just one pallet of grain.

You are just teasing with the gumball head. I need to know who will not be able to be at my house for the grain split. I have already talked with Bertsbeer (Jim), and he can't make it on Saturday. It seems that autl, (Les), & Motleybrews (Stephen) can't make it either.

Bobby I will be there for sure. I just can't decide what of my giant haul to bring with me to share.

You are just teasing with the gumball head. I need to know who will not be able to be at my house for the grain split. I have already talked with Bertsbeer (Jim), and he can't make it on Saturday. It seems that autl, (Les), & Motleybrews (Stephen) can't make it either.

I will be there. just let us know the time. I can also make it Friday evening for a few hours if extra help is needed. I also have a 1 ton van and could take a few of my tools out and haul some sacks ..if needed and depending on workload next week. Just let me know.

I remember seeing somewhere in this thread about possibly doing a brew day on the day of the split. Is that still in the works??

I should be there our season is over but I still have be there on Firday nights and I will try and be home by 12:00 so I can get some sleep.

Let's see how the week goes before I commit to a brew day on Saturday. If we were to brew what would you all like to brew? I wouldn't mind brewing the O'Gallon Chocolate Cherry ale clone again., but that's just me. Feel free to let me know what you would like to brew.

IIPA
use up some of your hop stash
what yeast do you got handy? that would help on the recipe choice.
We still good for the pickup friday nite and doing up the splits then? I got probably enough buckets for all the splits. so if we could knock it out friday that would take a huge load off saturday.

I might be good for Friday night. The forecast looks good for it. I know I have some 3068 harvested, a smack pack of London Ale 3, Kolsh, and a farmhouse saison with Brett yeast. The Kolsh yeast was for the Chocolate Cherry O'Fallon Clone. That would be my selection, but I need to make sure I have everything.

1234 said:
If we are able to get the grain to my house on Friday night we should be able to start around 10.

I don't know if I can make it on Fri night but I can come Sat mornin.

The grain is going to be dropped-off at my brother's work, Wireless Plus in Madison. Not far from the old Peterbilt plant.

Well just let me know. I got an older 1 ton van, She probably wont haul a ton anymore but probably would haul 20 or so pretty easy.

The plan right now is to brew on Saturday during the grain split. Chris, Dave, Don (I hope), and I will bring the grain to my house on Friday night and we will begin the process of splitting some of the sacks of grain. If you are interested in brewing please let us know. I am going to do a 10 gallon batch clone of O'Fallon's Chocolate Cherry ale.

1234 said:
The plan right now is to brew on Saturday during the grain split. Chris, Dave, Don (I hope), and I will bring the grain to my house on Friday night and we will begin the process of splitting some of the sacks of grain. If you are interested in brewing please let us know. I am going to do a 10 gallon batch clone of O'Fallon's Chocolate Cherry ale.

I think I can make it on fri. What time you plannin on. I'll try to get off early.

No need to drive down on Friday Steve. Chris, Don, Dave, and I can get the grain to my house with no problems. Too many people on Friday night will just make things difficult.

Since I have decided to brew on Saturday along with the grain distribution it will make for an interesting day. Everybody is welcome to come brew, help brew, or just hang while I brew. If you want to brew just make sure you bring your equipment and any needed grain. I can help with specialty malts, but keep your hands off my base malt:tank:

The grain will not be available for pick-up till noon. That allows for some of the guys and I to work on some of the splits. Please remember to bring something with you to put your grain in.

Please remember to bring something with you to put your grain in.

So ah just how much space does a bag of grain take up? Or a half a bag? We talking gallon sized ziplocks or more like hefty bags? Sorry I have never bought grain or bulk before so have no clue what it is going to take to bag it all up.

So ah just how much space does a bag of grain take up? Or a half a bag? We talking gallon sized ziplocks or more like hefty bags? Sorry I have never bought grain or bulk before so have no clue what it is going to take to bag it all up.

A homer bucket from Home Depot will accommodate a half a sack of grain.

I'm working at the Flying Saucer Fall Festival on Saturday as the draft technician, but I might be able to pop out for a bit and come by to pick up my grain. I don't have any splits, so it should be easy. If for some reason ten jockey boxes mess up and I get stuck there the whole time, I can swing by whenever next week and pick it up. Cheers and thanks for doing the leg-work, folks!

I'm going with: they short us 1 bag, swap another, and double something we didn't want :)

I'm working at the Flying Saucer Fall Festival on Saturday as the draft technician, but I might be able to pop out for a bit and come by to pick up my grain. I don't have any splits, so it should be easy. If for some reason ten jockey boxes mess up and I get stuck there the whole time, I can swing by whenever next week and pick it up. Cheers and thanks for doing the leg-work, folks!

I'm going with: they short us 1 bag, swap another, and double something we didn't want :)

What is this fall festival that you speak of?

Hey Bobby, if you see Mike (Thirty6hex) on Saturday can you give him my single bag too? I will be out of town through the first of next week (Brewers Jam in Knoxville on Sat!). If not, I will meet up with you when I get back.

Thanks!

Hey Bobby, if you see Mike (Thirty6hex) on Saturday can you give him my single bag too? I will be out of town through the first of next week (Brewers Jam in Knoxville on Sat!). If not, I will meet up with you when I get back.

Thanks!

No problem

I should have enough buckets for almost all the splits so anything under .2 should be covered but I would bring stuff just in case we dont get it as of right now I am counting too many splits but I have enough icing buckets to cover like 20 of the .2 splits and about 10 mayo jugs to cover the .1 splits. so when you show up you stuff maybe in something it may not. I will see how many total I can get. I am hoping to get most if not all the splits done friday nite. (I am a workaholic so go go go is my motto)

visit your local kroger and go to the bakery dept and ask if they have any icing buckets most likely they will give them too you. walmart might but you may have to pay for them like 5 for a $1

May not be able to make it now I have to wait on ATT to come and put in my new service (you know how that is sometime in a 4 hour window).

Latest posts

Back