Temporary stop CO2 leak from top of disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsearle

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought a new disconnect via mail order (no local stockists) but unfortunately there is a small leak in the top. On the top of the disconnect where you have a slot, then a circle around it, the leak is coming from the circle. I can feel gas escaping and when I press my finger over where the gas escapes the hissing stops. The seller has sent me another one but it will not arrive until Thursday this week. I have tried to use blu tac to stop the leak temporarily so that I can keep carbing up a brew I intend to serve at the weekend, but this is not working the gas just forces it's way through.

Is there anything that would serve to keep the leak 'plugged' until the new disconnect arrives?

Thanks

Those typically unscrew (there is a screwdriver slot being the slot you mention I think). Check the innards for gaskets, apply keg lube, reassemble. May just need a little easy tightening.

Those typically unscrew (there is a screwdriver slot being the slot you mention I think). Check the innards for gaskets, apply keg lube, reassemble. May just need a little easy tightening.

Ahh ok I'll take a look I didn't even realise they came apart haha! Thanks mate

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfU0zHzF5kI[/ame]

This might help.

Back