Temperature Bump During Final Weeks of Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegetarisk

Reaction score
I've had a blonde ale in primary for a week now in my basement. I pitched 2 11.5g packets of rehydrated Safale US-05 at room temp, and the temp. in the bucket has held steady between 68-70F all week (ambient temp. has been 65-66F).

I've had no fermentation issues to speak of, but was considering bumping the temperature up by a couple of degrees for the last 1-2 weeks of fermentation. I have no plans of transferring to a secondary and wanted to ensure the fermentation temp is warm enough to keep the yeast from going dormant and allowing for it to clean up after itself before bottling.

Is this worth doing, or am I better of keeping the temp consistent for the last 1-2 weeks of fermentation?

The temperature you are holding the beer at is ideal for US-05. A warmer temperature will not accomplish anything better.

Thanks, I had an issue with stuck fermentation on my last brew, so I may be a little paranoid about that happening again.

:mug:

Back