Temp probe Johnson A419 pulled off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabbs1228

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea where to either get a new one or how to reattach the temp sensor probe? I made the mistake of pulling the wire through the hole of my outdoor kegerator while it was cold. thanks!

Figure out what type of probe it is and then get a replacement on eBay or Amazon. The info should be on the specifications page of your manual

Quick search shows them at $20-$30 for ptc type. That's what I paid for my Johnson! I'm going to be more careful with mine from now on.

What part broke? The sensor leads just screw into posts inside the unit.

As long as you have some wire left to reach the controller you should be able to strip the lead ends and screw it back in place.

What part broke? The sensor leads just screw into posts inside the unit.

As long as you have some wire left to reach the controller you should be able to strip the lead ends and screw it back in place.

+1

If the wire broke off, that is an easy fix. These probes only have two wires, so simply strip the insulation off and expose the wires again. Screw them back into the posts and you are good. Dont forget to tie a knot in the wire inside the case for stress relief so it is tough to pull back out.

I understood it as the wire was pulled out of the probe. If the wire was pulled out of the controller then it is an easy fix

Back