Temp Probe Cable Replacement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cod3ck

Reaction score
So I bought 3 of these for my system:

www.amazon.com/Temperature-Sensor-TOOGOO-PT100-Stainless/dp/B01M1139AP?keywords=Temperature+Sensor+-+TOOGOO%28R%29PT100+RTD+Temperature+-50+%7E+500+%C2%A1%C3%A6+2m+Stainless+Steel+Sensor+Probe+1%2F2+%22NPT+https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fdp%2FB01M1139AP%2Fref%3Dcm_sw_r_cp_api_HSQNBb0YD7KDV&qid=1537125265&sr=8-1-fkmr0&ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1

They’re economical and appear to work reasonably well. Only gotcha is the cables they come with SUCK..!

Anyone have a recommendation for replacing the cable?

Biggest gotcha I’m running into is finding a 4 pin quick disconnect replacement (connector to the probe)... The connector these come with do not appear to be reusable.

Thank you for any help! [emoji482]

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to undo the wire with a soldering iron. Otherwise, you're looking for a 4 pin aviation connector (which you will have to solder anyways)

Does any aviation connector work? I’m trying to find the quick disconnect and it seems to be a needle in a hay stack...

I took apart one of the original cables attached to the connector housing and ended up ripping the cable out of the connector since I couldn’t find how the cable and solder pins were exposed to reattach...

Auber sells the cables, but it's almost the same price to buy a whole new setup off of ebay.

Whats wrong with the existing cable? I've been using some cheap chinese ones for over 2 years.

Does any aviation connector work? I’m trying to find the quick disconnect and it seems to be a needle in a hay stack...

I took apart one of the original cables attached to the connector housing and ended up ripping the cable out of the connector since I couldn’t find how the cable and solder pins were exposed to reattach...

No, it has to be the same model. Look and see if there is anything written on your connector. It's probably XS12JK-4 and if that is the case, buy this and throw away the half you don't need.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/XS12JK-4-A...746619?hash=item48a45606fb:g:f98AAOSwldRaOpQ~

The connectors come apart pretty easily.. You should be able to replace the wire without having to replace the connectors soldered on the ends. (with a soldering iron of course) the stainless braided wire is pretty bad. I only buy the sensors with the teflon wire now for this reason.

Back