tell what you think.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie944S

Reaction score
I have a 60L food grade drum that i have been brewing beer in, its had 4 realy good brews come out of it so far (coopers dark ale, coopers stout, tooheys old & cerny peino).
Today i put on an experiment in between my normal brews as i couldnt let it play out in theory in my mind anymore, so the run down:
3x tins of tooheys dark ale
2kg brown sugar
20g of yeast
50L of water
Gravity = 1.060

So whats everyones thoughts?

Happy brewing

Your tins of liquid malt extract. Typically, they come one of two ways: Hopped or unhopped. Hopped extract means that the malter boiled the malt extract with hops already so you don't need to do anything but pour it into your brew pot. Unhopped extract means that it's just pure malt extract so you'll need to add your favorite hops of choice to the boil for that hoppy flavor you know and love.

After looking around the net, i've found some tooheys dark ale malt kits that come hopped, so hopefully those are the type that you used. If not, your beer will be missing the hops bitterness, flavor and aroma that makes it taste like a beer.

Back