Tea Infusion Ball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert1097

Reaction score
Hey guys.....I was reading somewhere on here where someone used a tea infusion ball to dry hop in the keg. I was thinking of doing this and just tossing the ball w/ the hops and a few marbles in it for weight.

I know some guys drill the in tube and hang a bag so thought the hops are not exposed throughout. Do people think there will be a problem w/ grassy/off flavors over time?

I was thinking that I could throw the dry hop ball in after carbonation to limit the hops exposure.

Thoughts?

I dryhop in the keg using a large herb ball, I just zip tie it to the dip tube to keep it submerged. I havent experienced any grassy flavors and it usually stays in til the keg blows. you could leave it in for a week or so, de-gas the keg, lift up the diptube and remove the ball without having to go fishing for it. maybe zip tie it to the top of the tube, as the beer level drops it will no longer be in the beer. might eliminate a grassy issue from too much contact.

I use a teaball for all dryhopping, no need to weigh it down. I attach a foot of non flavored dental floss and let it stick through the keg top. Then remove when you feel the need.

Back