Tart cherry juice concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm always playing around with recipes. I always base the recipe on the one posted by Upstate Mike, but I got tired of the same old flavor, so I've been playing around.
I was just looking on the Costco website and they have 32 oz bottles of tart Montmorency Cherry juice concentrate. They say each bottle makes two gallons of cherry juice. I'm wondering how much you would add to some apple juice to create a cherry-flavored hard cider? I'm thinking one bottle to 5 gallons of cider should make a strong bitter cherry flavored hard cider. :)

I made 5 gals. of cherry cider for my daughters wedding this summer. I found 10 Tablespoons of concentrate to 5 gals of cider was just right for my tastes. I also did a cherry wheat beer that also used 10 Tablespoons of concentrate per 5 gals. Again a good balance of cherry, not overpowering.

I made 5 gals. of cherry cider for my daughters wedding this summer. I found 10 Tablespoons of concentrate to 5 gals of cider was just right for my tastes. I also did a cherry wheat beer that also used 10 Tablespoons of concentrate per 5 gals. Again a good balance of cherry, not overpowering.

Thanks. Sounds like a little bit will go a LOOOONG way! :D

Back