Tart Cherry Concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusa

Reaction score
I am planning on making a cyser. I was wondering what amount of tart cherry concentrate equals 5 lbs of tart cherries.

I am planning on making a cyser. I was wondering what amount of tart cherry concentrate equals 5 lbs of tart cherries.

According to this website http://www.cooksinfo.com/cherries one pound of fresh sour cherries = 80 cherries.

I have a bottle of Dynamic Health Organic Tart Cherry Juice concentrate. It says that 2 tbs (30 ml) = 80 cherries. So it's safe to say (in my case anyway) that 10 tbs of tart cherry juice concentrate will equal 5 lbs of tart cherries.

Good luck. And post pictures!

Thanks. The bottle of concentrate I have says the 32oz of concentrate is equal to 2000 cherries. It should be equivalent to 25 lbs of cherries (2000/80). 6.4oz of concentrate should be about 5 lbs of cherries (32oz/5).

I used something similar before and it would lend itself best to a sweeter cyser as opposed to something dry.

Back