Taprite Regulator O-Ring Size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
I need to replace the o-ring on my Taprite regulator and prefer to buy from McMaster-Carr or similar place.

Can someone tell me the size or perhaps part number of the Taprite regulator o-ring?

Just lost a 5lb tank of CO2 and noticed that the o ring on the regulator is frayed and needs to be replaced. For some reason this part is not easy to find.Taprite doesn't list it on their website. I've talked to my welding supply place and they don't have it.

Any help is much appreciated!

http://www.homebrewing.org/Taprite-Co2-permanant-O-ring-for-Nipple_p_3726.html#

This is the Taprite replacement. I haven't measured it to know the size to see if McMaster has one that would sub, but I'll measure mine and post back.

Update: The O-ring is square and the size is: .103 thick x Ø.630 OD x Ø.424 ID. The McMaster P/N is 4061T157.

Edit: deleted speculative remarks and replaced with factual info based on the Taprite spec that ultravista posted below.

Awesome, thanks LLBeanJ! It's a shame the part is only $1.29 while the shipping is over $6...lol. However, it's still better than replacing the regulator...and I would probably spend over $6 in gas driving around the bay area trying to find a suitable replacement.

Cheers! :mug:

Awesome, thanks LLBeanJ! It's a shame the part is only $1.29 while the shipping is over $6...lol. However, it's still better than replacing the regulator...and I would probably spend over $6 in gas driving around the bay area trying to find a suitable replacement.

Cheers! :mug:

Definitely buy more than one, as it wouldn't hurt to have a few extras on hand. Maybe there's something else you can use from AIB that would help offset the shipping cost.

Thanks for your help guys! I think I'll just go with the ones from AIB. And you are right LLBeanJ, I found some other cool stuff I may pick up to offset shipping costs for those o rings.

I'm having a hell of a time installing the new o ring on the taprite regulator. I order the o ring from AIH. Any tips?

Did you unthread the center insert? It takes a 5/32" Allen wrench.

1. Unthread insert
2. Remove old O-ring
3. Insert new O-ring
4. Thread insert back in

Just found this thread because I was searching for the same thing.

I have a bunch of o-rings for various brewing items (Blichmann pots, keg posts, ball locks, etc.). I ordered a bunch of liquid post O-Rings from McMaster Carr. They are also size Buna-N O-Rings Dash Number 111. They are ROUND not square, but I just tested the fit and it works great.

No leaks (tested by submerging in water). As an alternative (or in a pinch) you could use that too. Definitely easier to get (i.e. LHBS).

I wonder if a little keg lube would also be a good idea. Thoughts?

http://www.homebrewing.org/Taprite-Co2-permanant-O-ring-for-Nipple_p_3726.html#

This is the Taprite replacement. I haven't measured it to know the size to see if McMaster has one that would sub, but I'll measure mine and post back.

Update: The O-ring is square and the size is: .103 thick x Ø.630 OD x Ø.424 ID. The McMaster P/N is 4061T157.

Edit: deleted speculative remarks and replaced with factual info based on the Taprite spec that ultravista posted below.

Thanks for posting the McMaster Part# -- just ordered some. I think this may be the culprit for a slow leak.

Good thread. I have 4 Taprite regulators so a replacement o-ring is bound to happen at some point. This is a good heads-up thread.

Thanks for posting the McMaster Part# -- just ordered some. I think this may be the culprit for a slow leak.

Just replaced Taprite Regulator O-Ring last night. That was definitely the problem, slow leak on the high pressure side. I'm a happy camper now.

Back