Tap lines through wall help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marjen

Reaction score
SO I am thinking of making a keezer with wall taps. There would be 3 taps about 20-24 inches outside the keezer. If the lines were wrapped withed foam and the area behind the taps insulated, would I have a lot of issues with foam? I dont want to do it if its going to be a big hassle, but it would work out much better from a space standpoint. Thanks.

Yes, you will. Without a method of cooling the lines, they will eventually warm up. There are three basic ways to cool your lines: liquid, air, or conduction.

Conduction is the easiest. I have seen here where many people have basically put their lines into a copper pipe and make sure the pipe sticks into their keezer so that the coolness is conducted through the copper tube.

Air cooled is the next easiest. Basically make sure your tubes that your lines are in are wide enough to allow air to flow through. Then add some computer fans to blow the cold air from your keezer into your line tubes.

Liquid cooled is the most difficulty. You use either water or glycol, depending upon the temp of the liquid you'll be running, and then you pump it through tubing next to your lines to keep them cool.

I am relatively new to the site, but I have had a kegerator with roughly two foot of tube running from the fridge to the bar top. The only thing I did was wrap the three beer lines with insulation tape and a pipe tube thing around that. The first half of a pour might be a waste but after that, it's fine for hours.

I will probably try the copper pipe then wrap that in insulation and tape. I don't have far to go so hopefully that will work. Will also make an insulated box at the wall.

I wish I had pictures, but one guy I know, who had the same issue to over come. Wound up using a closed pvc system. basically it was a loop. He ran 3" pvc pipe (with the beer lines in them) right from the keezer in his basement, up to his tap tower (which was the arched tube type). And the another 3" pipe on the other side of the tower back to his keezer, for which he had a computer fan screwed to that side. It had the affect of pulling cold air thru the whole length of the loop of pipe. Seemed to work pretty well. The beer was always cold, and I never noticed any foam.:mug:

Latest posts

Back