Take a bow HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalkyt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Take a bow HBT. Thanks to all the good advice etc, my Scottish Cider was First in the cider section of the Nimmitabel Show. This is a regional Agricultural Show (a bit like a mini State Fair to you guys. I know that nothing is supposed to be bigger than Texas, but our State is, ranging from sub tropical in the North to Snow in the South).

The brew was WLP773 with 60% Pink ladies and about 20% each Cox's Orange Pippins and "Front Pippins" (we really don't know exactly what they are but they are from a big old tree that we have and they look and taste like big pippins... but really could be anything). Yes, this is the batch that we were moaning about because it was all very slow during last year's big WLP773 debate.

It was in Primary for a month, secondary for about three months, then bottled at 1.002 with home made FAJC to bring it up to 1.005 for carbonation . It has now been bottled for six months. Damn, I had to waste a bottle on the judges!

Congrats! The HBT community is all about helping us all become better brewers (of whatever we brew.)

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back