Taint injury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drunk:

Ok, seriously... I was wounded in a freak brewing accident a week ago where I found myself stepping over a pile of wood in my garage/brewery in a much too hasty fashion which caused a mis-step, slip and landing on said pile of wood.

The jewels took a hit but survived, however, I was slightly poked in that nether region by a splinter of wood. It's been rather painful the last few days even though I have been keeping it clean and applying neosporin.

It really sucks that I can't SEE it. I mean I can feel that it's a small skin scrape, but friggin' cribbins man I need to see the wound to decide whether it's as bad as it feels or am I being overly sensitive because of it's location.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I just can't bring myself to have SWMBO look at the injury site. It's too close to the most unattractive area on the human body, and I won't let her see me like that.

I figure if it don't feel better in another week I'm going to the Doc.

What say you folks? SWMBO or Doc to look at yer taint first?

Video camera with a cable connected to your TV.
A handled mirror.
Pay a hooker to look at it for you; her professional opinion might cost extra tho.
Regards, GF.

My girlfriend is a nurse, so I really don't think twice about asking her to look at said area...or put cream on it..lol.

She has told me about these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorectal_abscess

a condition that CAN occur if a wound in that area is not properly taken care of. Lots of bad bacteria next to an open wound.

Read up on those and then think about what is worse...getting one, or SWMBO looking at your chocolate starfish.

Good luck and keep it clean.

I think you should post a pic of it so his GF can check it out :ban:

butt seriously, take a pic of it with your phone and then you can view it.

Man up, have the GF or someone you trust look at it. If they think it looks bad, go to the doctor. It's just a taint.

All healed up. I opted for the rub Neosporin on it until it gets worse regimen. After a couple days the swelling went down and now all is well.

I appreciate all the concern and even some of the jokes about my nether regions.

Beer is bottle conditioning now as well... It's a light IPA, should be ready in a couple weeks.

All healed up. I opted for the rub Neosporin on it until it gets worse regimen. After a couple days the swelling went down and now all is well.

I appreciate all the concern and even some of the jokes about my nether regions.

Beer is bottle conditioning now as well... It's a light IPA, should be ready in a couple weeks.

Please tell us that the beer is not taint-ed.

I thought it's was about brewing war wounds? You can't tell me that none of you drunk brewer have injured yourselves on brew day in the last year and 2 months.
OK I will start things off it is not a brewing accident but it is keeping me from brewing which sucks even more. This is the hole they cut in my shoulder to insert the plate/bracket whatever to hold everything in place while the tendons heal.

20140621_090301.jpg

I thought it's was about brewing war wounds? You can't tell me that none of you drunk brewer have injured yourselves on brew day in the last year and 2 months.
OK I will start things off it is not a brewing accident but it is keeping me from brewing which sucks even more. This is the hole they cut in my shoulder to insert the plate/bracket whatever to hold everything in place while the tendons heal.

Whats this have to do with your taint????

Lol.... I really don't remember having them, good thing someone took a picture with my phone.

Back