Tacoma Wa. water...good for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleRainbow

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to get a water report done at the new house and was curious if anyone had any info they are willing to share.

Try calling them - they might share their reports with you.

http://www.mytpu.org/tacomawater/water-quality/

I used to get unfloridated and untreated water at 74th and Cedar. "Customers who prefer unfluoridated water can obtain unfluoridated well water daily between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily at the well on Cedar Street, just south of South 74th Street, or at the well behind the former Southeast Mutual Water Company building at 1614 99th St. E. You will need to bring your own containers."

I got a water report from last year. Tacoma (at least my area) has very clean water. I had to call and figure out which source my neighborhood drew from. I am on the North End and we use get the majority of our water from the Green River. I'll send you a PM with the spreadsheet.

I live in Central Tacoma and brew often with tap water. I'm not super picky about my water (no treatment, etc) but use it often for the 3+ gallon boil and then top off with bottled water. Never had any bad taste that I've noticed or my friends have pointed out.

It must be decent, they're going to start selling out tap water in bottles soon:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/07/23/2692162/bottled-water-companys-deal-with.html

I seen that on their site. How does that work? Did you use it as is for brewing?

I did use it for brewing once. There is a tap and a hose, on the side of the building, bring your own containers and fill them up free of charge! It turned out better than the tap water I was getting in NE Tacoma. When I moved to South Hill, I found the water here to be awesome!

GritCityBrewer said:
I got a water report from last year. Tacoma (at least my area) has very clean water. I had to call and figure out which source my neighborhood drew from. I am on the North End and we use get the majority of our water from the Green River. I'll send you a PM with the spreadsheet.

Can you send me the chart too? I once found it on the site but I can't find it anymore. I brew in University Place.

Back