T58!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Trying a dry yeast belgian today. Like a Belgian Blonde. OG 1.051 shooting for high attenuation for 6% ABV. Mashed at 149°F. Pitched yeast at 2 PM and now at 10 PM there's a krausen forming and I had to switch the fridge over to cooling mode. So far I like this yeast. We'll see if it makes a nice belgian character and gets a high attenuation. Fermenting at 68°F

I just brewed a belgian Pale ale 2 weeks ago and used the T58. Had an OG of 1.052 after 11 days ad a gravity of 1.014. I a going to check agains tommorow which will be 14 days.

Did it taste belgian at all? What did you mash at? I'm really expecting more like a FG of 1.005.

Its a decent dry strain. I use it in my wit. The peppery description is right on.

It was an extract kit from my LHBS with liquid extract. I di not have the time to do a all grain and was trying to get it brewed and ready for a Fathers day gift pack for my Father in Law.

I used this strain in my Wit IPA, left it in primary for 4 weeks and then dry hopped for about 7 days. Don't have the OG/FG numbers on me right now, but I believe I got really good attenuation. As for the flavor profile, I thought it was pretty perfect for a Wit, melded nicely with the Citra/Amarillo hops and the orange peel, I personally did not get any pepper flavor.

Back