Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVERYONE PLEASE READ THROUGH ASAP:

OK so:

1. bierhaus please confirm that you 100% have a third person on the brown malt. Unless you give a name I will let you handle payment.
2. Buffalo Brewr - for your group of non HBT users - I will have you handle their payment?
3. jhenderson27 please ping me back with the info I requested in the PM for the grain delivery. I can't move ahead on this until I get that info.
4. PBW Buyers: Do you still want to get the PBW but just divide the 50 lbs between the 4 of us (would be 12.5lbs each @ ~$30 each)? I do because this is dirt cheap PBW. Or someone can jump in on it. (SEE RED LETTERS BELOW)
5. Anybody interested in getting in on the last star san buy (needs two) is for a gallon of star san at a ridiculously cheap per use price (128 5 gallon buckets of sani solution!!!: that means you pay .23 cents per 5 gallon bucket of sani).(SEE RED LETTERS BELOW)
6. We will have to take on a new method of payment as well since paypal is attempting to block the use of its services for these types of transactions that we have done in the past. Or people will have to pay a transaction fee when they pass money along. I am working out how this will best work. Obviously this will delay the speed at which an order can be placed, etc.

Beyond that... the buy is closed! = we have 42 bags

Please double check that your order is correct and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Total Bags = 42

Buffalo Brewer - TF-MOPA x1
Buffalo Brewer - BZ-PILS x1
Buffalo Brewer - CM-2ROW x1
CBK - CM-2ROW x1
CBK - TF-MOPA x1
Cidahmastah - TF-MOPA x1
Cidahmastah - BZ-PILS x1
Rustbucket - CM-2ROW x2
Rustbucket - GW-VIEN x1
rustbucket - BD - PALE x 1
rustbucket - BD - MOPA x 1
drocu - CM-2ROW x 1
Stunsm - CM-2ROW x 2
Stunsm - BD-MOPA x 1
Twogunz - BZ-VIEN x 1
Twogunz - BD-MOPA x 1
Buffalo Brewr:
Jason - BD-MOPA x 1
Andy U - BD-MOPA x 1
Andy U - CM-2ROW x 1
Matt - BD-MOPA x 1
Matt - CM-2ROW x 1
Jeff - BZ-MUNH x 1
Jeff - BZ-VIEN x 1
Kate - CM-2ROW x 1
JeffB418 - BD-MOPA x1
JeffB418 - TF-OPTC x1
JeffB418 - CM-2ROW x1
jbsengineer - 1 x GW-PALE
jbsengineer - 1 x CM-2ROW
jbsengineer - 1 x BZ-PILS
Smashing - 2 x CM-2ROW

Completed Splits:
1. GW-C60 - 1/3 (CidahMastah, copyright1997, CBK)
2. GW-C15 - 1/3 (CidahMastah, copyright1997, rustbucket)
3. BD-VIEN - 1/2 (copyright1997, buffalo brewer)
4. TF-RSTB - 1/3 (rustbucket, cidahmastah, bierhaus15)
5. TF-PCHO Pale Choc 1/3 (bierhaus15 x 2 , rustbucket)
6. GW-C40 - 1/3 (Copyright1997, rustbucket, drocu)
7. GP-FLWHT - 1/3 (jhenderson27, twogunz, Copyright1997)
8. TF-BRWN Brown Malt 1/3 (bierhaus15, cidahmastah, Bierhaus15 friend?)

Cleaning Supplies:
1. (5S-STAR4) 4 x 1 gallon case $118 (Cidahmastah, CBK, Buffalo Brewer, Copyright)

PENDING:
1. (5S-PBW50) 50 pound pail $125 (CidahMastah, Buffalobrewer, Copyright, drocu) - Needs 1-7; minimum 5 lb share
2. (5S-STAR4) 4 x 1 gallon case $118 (Jhenderson, drocu) - Needs 2

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THROUGH ASAP:

4. PBW Buyers: Do you still want to get the PBW but just divide the 50 lbs between the 4 of us (would be 12.5lbs each @ ~$30 each)? I do because this is dirt cheap PBW. Or someone can jump in on it. (SEE RED LETTERS BELOW)

I'm perfectly fine with a 4 way split. ... or more ways if anyone wants to jump.

Ah I wish I could get in on this to get you all to 42 sacks but alas, not quite ready for all grain yet. Eh...

Paypal has a transaction fee for these types of transactions now? I think if you link to a bank account, there is no transaction fee.

I'm okay with a 4-way PBW split but would prefer a bigger split honestly. I could use the star san though so hopefully we can get 2 more people.

no generally, it takes a good long time to go bad.. since its a concentrated acid.

over time it will lose some of its pH. (im not sure how long, more along the lines of years i would assume, leaning towards a decade.)

Cidah i called you last night. Touch base with me. Since the delivery is coming to me everyone will need my cell. 585-260-3530, no dirty midnight calls unless your a gorgeous brunette like my fiance : ).

Anyone willing to sell me 5lbs of that roast barley split or maybe 3 lbs?

As for the star san, it does not go bad. Id love to have this split gi through. If the 1/3 split of brown does not go throufh ill buy something more to get this to close. Can we still add hops on over the 42 bags?

My shop is located at 3740 State Route 5&20
Canandaigua ,NY 14424

OK - I did this last night and wanted to post it for your reference:
Remember that the splits go as following:
55# bag:
1/3 = 18lbs
1/2 = 27.5lbs

50# bag:
1/3 = 16.5lbs
1/2 = 25lbs

American are 50# and all others are usually 55lb. If you aren't sure... ask
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleaning Supplies:
1. (5S-STAR4) 4 x 1 gallon case $118 (Cidahmastah, CBK, Buffalo Brewer, Copyright)
2. (5S-PBW50) 50 pound pail $125 (CidahMastah, Buffalobrewer, Copyright, drocu, Jeffb418) - will accept up to 2 more paricipants prior to order placement.

PENDING:
1. (5S-STAR4) 4 x 1 gallon case $118 (Jhenderson, drocu, jbsengineer) - Needs 1

We need one more for the last Star san buy - jump in now or forever hold your peace!!

1a.jpg

(im not sure how long, more along the lines of years i would assume, leaning towards a decade.)

Exactly. The maker of starsan stated in an interview that if you put star san in distilled water (so diluted) and kept it out of sunlight it would last indefinitely. In concentrated form (i.e. the bottle it comes in) I think you are looking at years and years as rust says above - I would guess 10 years would be an early death for starsan, probably decades is realistic.

PBW in powered form will last a super long time as well.

I'll go in on the PBW as number 5.

Also who from Syracuse needs to pick up stuff jhenderson27's shop? I can most likely do the run, also gives me an excuse to hit up Beers of the World and get a garbage plate. Send me an email at jbednarek at gmail.com if you would like me to pick up your stuff for you.

Cidah i called you last night. Touch base with me. Since the delivery is coming to me everyone will need my cell. 585-260-3530, no dirty midnight calls unless your a gorgeous brunette like my fiance : ).

Anyone willing to sell me 5lbs of that roast barley split or maybe 3 lbs?

As for the star san, it does not go bad. Id love to have this split gi through. If the 1/3 split of brown does not go throufh ill buy something more to get this to close. Can we still add hops on over the 42 bags?

My shop is located at 3740 State Route 5&20
Canandaigua ,NY 14424

Hey man I missed your call and saw the missed call from you this a.m. you free to take a call today? Lunchtime?

I would love to help you guys w/ the roasted barley but I am selling half of mine to a friend getting into AG and my brewing buddy and I have planned out a lot of imperial stouts and porters. I also am considering a nitro tap so I can keep 1 - 2 stouts on tap all the time, so my RSTB is probably spoken for.

re: the paypal - I will keep you guys updated. They are giving warnings on accounts for using it for the buys. I got one for last time. We may have to put up the payment method to a vote. More to come...

Awesome Jeff!! I will put you down.

I may have you pick up mine if you don't mind - and if you don't mind weighing out my splits at jhenderson's. I will start a canandaigua - syr list.

PBW - more people can jusmp in on this right up until we place the order formally (up to 7 people right now we have 5).

I will give that star san order a day or two before we move forward on the order. Somebody step up! That is an unreal price for starsan!!!

Awesome Jeff!! I will put you down.

I may have you pick up mine if you don't mind - and if you don't mind weighing out my splits at jhenderson's. I will start a canandaigua - syr list.

Yeah that should be no problem. Just get me a list w/ the exact amount you need.

You guys don't mind splitting the gas $ for pickup? (I'll only charge mileage from/to his shop and not my garbage plate excursion) I drive a Scion xB so get good mileage and can fit a decent amount in the back.

Pbw me! Ill take a 1/6 or 1/7 whatever it shakes to be. Someone please close out starsan!!!

Call me whenever cidah. Can we still do hops? And request a call that day, i work in henrietta and have to shoot back to canandaigua. As for beers of the world if anyone needs anything there i can pick it up and be paid back and have it waiting if people need anything.

Yeah that should be no problem. Just get me a list w/ the exact amount you need.

You guys don't mind splitting the gas $ for pickup? (I'll only charge mileage from/to his shop and not my garbage plate excursion) I drive a Scion xB so get good mileage and can fit a decent amount in the back.

Just who do you think you are?! haha - I think that is totally fair ;) If I do have you pick up, I will also have to send jhendersons splits from last time with you. jhenderson - I think you had two bags you never grabbed from last time?

I'm in SYR and would be interested in getting in on the shared pick up, didn't realize this round wasn't at Cidah's

FYI - here is what the cost looks like so far - rough estimate with shipping and the cleaning supplies added. (the second Star San buy is not included)

CidahMastah $195.90
Buffalo Brewer $493.98
Bierhaus15 $79.22
Jhenderson27 $11.98
Copyright1997 $124.29
CBK $120.78
rustbucket $241.36
twogunz $92.53
drocu $70.49
stunsm $107.60
Jeffb418 $146.93
jbsengineer $112.83
Smashing $65.12

Buffalo Brewer (estimate on your people):
Buffalo Brewer - Jason $41.64
Buffalo Brewer - Andy $31.72
Buffalo Brewer - Andy $41.64

Buffalo Brewer - Matt $41.64
Buffalo Brewer - Matt $31.72
Buffalo Brewer - Jeff $37.78
Buffalo Brewer - Jeff $39.44

Buffalo Brewer - Kate $31.72

SYR pick upjeffb418
1. CidahMastah
2. Twogunz
3. jbsengineer

Jeff - I will get you bags for grain in the event of for pick up as well.

I'll go in on the PBW as number 5.

Also who from Syracuse needs to pick up stuff jhenderson27's shop? I can most likely do the run, also gives me an excuse to hit up Beers of the World and get a garbage plate. Send me an email at jbednarek at gmail.com if you would like me to pick up your stuff for you.

Just emailed you.

SYR pick upjeffb418
1. CidahMastah
2. Twogunz

Jeff - I will get you bags for grain in the event of for pick up as well.

So looks like I'll pick up the stuff for:

1. CidahMastah
2. Twogunz
3. JBSENGINEER

and myself.

Think I'm going to have to cap it at that though, thats over 500# and I dont wanna blow out my shocks/springs on the way back =)

S.O.B i do have some stuff not picked up. Yea that would be appreicated.

haha - I thought you might have forgot. Don't worry though.. I still have it for you!

Also - you can order hops as well. See the beginning of the thread for spot sale hops. I would give me a list of the hops you want, then if they have them I will add them onto the order. Try to do it ASAP though. Did you ever buy those local hops?

See post 4- pricing is estimated and will vary as will availability.

Are the hops orders for 1#? I thought I saw you had to buy in 11 pound increments but maybe I misread it.

Are the hops orders for 1#? I thought I saw you had to buy in 11 pound increments but maybe I misread it.

as per post 4 - hops are 1lb - pricing applies as noted on post 4 if you are buying 1lb. The pricing isn't really that great, unless you buy in 11lbs. Also, they don't always have them available in 1lb packs, so you might request 6 hop types and only get 1 or none. Just telling you this so you know if you pick a bunch of hops, they arent guaranteed to have them for sale.

So looks like I'll pick up the stuff for:

1. CidahMastah
2. Twogunz
3. JBSENGINEER

and myself.

Think I'm going to have to cap it at that though, thats over 500# and I dont wanna blow out my shocks/springs on the way back =)

haha - that is probably a good idea.

other people can still post for group pick ups. You will have to put sacks of grain in the seats to disperse the weight!

500#wont hurt it. But to be smart i see your point.

Well once I tell my friends I'm going to Beers of the World and Empire Hots for plates... they will want to come, so I gotta haul their asses too =)

But yeah, I should be able to take a little more if needed.

The only botw that fills is the one on e. Henrietta road. Winton doesnt do fills. I work 5 min from both, ill be waving bye to the e.h rd one on my way home ; )

Someone buy the last starsan. Im going to keep pushing it!

Call me today cidah, we either have to get the order shipped before or after my short trip to Charlotte, i leave thursday the 3rd and come back sunday the 6th ove Nov. If before the grain will be safe while im gone, if after no biggie. Lemme know.

Has anyone in the Syracuse area had any trouble with the tap water? I looked at the water report and didn't see any glaring problems. Figured I'd go to the source and see what my neighbors have found/learned...

Back