SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in for a (2) CM-PALE, (1) CM-2ROW, (1/3) c60.

Whats the price for the 1/3 of the c60?

Gotcha -

Can't recall the price, but I think for 1/3 it was like 12-18$ Basically take a full bag cost, add $6 and divide that by the total splitting.

Alright, I figured but I could not find the the c60 on there. Also can you point out where the DME is I cannot find that either.

Can I change one of my Pales to a Marris Otter? Sorry for the hassle!

Alright, I figured but I could not find the the c60 on there. Also can you point out where the DME is I cannot find that either.

Can I change one of my Pales to a Marris Otter? Sorry for the hassle!

What brand of maris otter?

DME is on page 30 - see the 50lb bags for ~74$

CidahMastah said:
What brand of maris otter?

DME is on page 30 - see the 50lb bags for ~74$

The Bairds Marris Otter comes to about $41 a bag, this will be my first time using it but the price seemed pretty good

The Bairds Marris Otter comes to about $41 a bag, this will be my first time using it but the price seemed pretty good

Baird's is very good MO - I bought a couple bags of it and have been very happy with the results. I read somewhere they called Baird's MO the Cadillac of MO. Again - you can't go wrong.

updated on page 1; post #2

Brehuh - a couple guys have bought DME from the first two orders - if you cruise back through the final order you could check in to see how they liked it, and which type they picked. Check the first and second group buy thread.

no go on grain for me... i just cant afford it right now, especially since it just cost me 50 dollars to fill my tiny little tank in my poop box

1 keg left guys. If there are no takers I am just going to keep it. Putting it out there for anyone as a last chance snag.

I just got effed with a 63 dollar fill up in my subaru. No lube either. When is this bs corrupt gas shi* gonna stop

Yeah my silverado makes the pump tap out at $75 with my credit card - and the tank isn't always full at that point.

At least we got Osama

Might as well take that last keg too, got the kegerator up and running again now that it's too warm to store kegs in the closet, but that requires cutting the handles off to be able to fit 4, so it won't hurt to replace those taken out of fermenter duty...

Kegs are officially gone.....for now until i can get another bulk buy.

Cidah-5
Stun-3
Dan-2
Rust-2
Bre-1

Correct me if I am wrong Cidah as you spoke with a few of these guys.

Kegs are officially gone.....for now until i can get another bulk buy.

Cidah-5
Stun-3
Dan-2
Rust-2
Bre-1

Correct me if I am wrong Cidah as you spoke with a few of these guys.

Nope you are correct - Dan was just telling me he is good to go whenever - but I will let him speak for himself.

I am too - just let me know the how you want the money and how/where we are going to do the swap.

stunsm - attah boy :) Go big or go home, you wont regret it with all the brews you are pumping out weekly!

Thanks for the PM Cidah. Nothing for me this round, I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to use any of my goodies from the last round! Hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for getting this whole bulk thing going!

Hey gerglegat, you are located in Albany still right? I was thinking to cut down on cost we could drive together or one of us could pick our stuff up and split the gas. Depending on when this goes down I might be in Mayfield, so we will see. Let me know what you think. If anyone else around the area wants to do this, let me know.

stunsm - attah boy :) Go big or go home, you wont regret it with all the brews you are pumping out weekly!

That's been the plan! I've got 2 brews on my Blichmann burner, and just a few minutes ago pulled the trigger on the pump I'd been eyeing for a while... Next big purchase should probably be something to start boiling 10 gallons batches in :cool:

That's been the plan! I've got 2 brews on my Blichmann burner, and just a few minutes ago pulled the trigger on the pump I'd been eyeing for a while... Next big purchase should probably be something to start boiling 10 gallons batches in :cool:

Which pump did you go with?

So one suggestions for your 10 gallon batches...

1. 5500W electric element

:)

But seriously - if you are looking to go 10G batches... consider 80qt pot for a BK. I am thinking about keeping my 60qt mega pot as a HLT and grabbing a bayou classic 82qt pot and fitting it in with an 5500W element. I have done some 90 minute 10G batches of late and that means 14G in my 15G pot!

Should mention I have a 15G blingman MT, and 15G megapot that I use as a HLT and BK

bayou classic is like $150 for that size, tough to pass up. All it needs to do is boil beer ;)

The payment is the easy portion. We can do paypal as that worked well for the grain buys. As for pickup what would work best for everyone? I can have you guys come to my place for pickup or i can drop then at Cidah's when the grain buy is done or we can work together to figure something out. I am now a little busy as race season has started and i now have no personal life. : ) let me know what you guys want to do. The kegs are at my place and have been pressure washed. All have ball locks, have good seals and hold pressure and are in great shape.

Jhenderson - Can you post or PM your paypal account for payment?

This weekend I am tied to my house, my parents are making a surprise visit. So I can't make a trip out there, I might be out of town next weekend unless plans change. (i.e. I can't grab them for at least 3 weeks).

My thought is, maybe PM your address to us. No sense in everyone making separate trips out there. We could either send out somebody to pick them all up and toss in gas money, or wait until the grain buy (that may take longer than I am willing to wait though - I have ciders to package and the kegs would really help).

1. If the kegs need to be stored, I can hold them at my place no problem if convenient.
2. If the person who grabs them wants pick ups at their house then that might work too.

Any volunteers?

What are you guys thinking?

Might as well take that last keg too, got the kegerator up and running again now that it's too warm to store kegs in the closet, but that requires cutting the handles off to be able to fit 4, so it won't hurt to replace those taken out of fermenter duty...

by the way - did you go with a fancy tap set up for your kegerator?

sounds good, ill get the money sent out sometime soon.. lol...

ugh this weather is making me sleepy... i cant seem to stay awake.

depending on how long you want to wait.. i have to take a trip out to rochester in 2 weeks for graduation. if the kegs have not made the trip yet or anything, i can pick them up then. the 19th or 20th of may im heading out to rochester.

I can make a quick trip to rochester to pick them up. I travel alot for work anyways so a trip to rochester is easy.

How close to you live to Beers of the World? I can justify the trip to SWMBO if we can stop at beers fo the world on the way back.

I will transfer my payment over this evening for my 2.

thanks.

I work 10 min from the winton rd beers of world. No rush on payment. As long as it arrives before kegs leave im good. Lemme know about meeting. I work 8:30 till 5:00 m-f and i can meet outside of that to accomodate. I also live 20 min closer to syracuse than that. I could meet at thruway exit 44 if needed. Beers is off 46 (390) exit. Im easy so just lemme know.

Just spoke with SWMBO and we can come out Saturday morning to pick them up. We can grab anyone elses that have paid up and arrainge a way to get them to people.

The Beers of the World thing was the deciding factor.

I can make a quick trip to rochester to pick them up. I travel alot for work anyways so a trip to rochester is easy.

How close to you live to Beers of the World? I can justify the trip to SWMBO if we can stop at beers fo the world on the way back.

I will transfer my payment over this evening for my 2.

thanks.

DannSchuler - So it sounds like you are more likely to be the first available to cruise on out there - would you mind grabbing my 5 beauties?

My payment is in, so just let me know when you are heading and when you would like me to come grab them from you (how you want to do the hand off). Thanks!

- also let me know what to toss you for gas.

Jhenderson - just paid - let me know that it is all good and went through - thanks again man!

Cidah. Got the email saying you sent. Will check when i get home from work. Anytime all. Glad i could help you guys get these for less than beat up kegs at lhbs.

Cidah. Got the email saying you sent. Will check when i get home from work. Anytime all. Glad i could help you guys get these for less than beat up kegs at lhbs.

All for the love of beer and creating more of it ;)

Now that we have thoroughly hijacked this thread, perhaps our Rochester crew will take it over and place some orders :ban:

by the way - did you go with a fancy tap set up for your kegerator?

I picked up the March 809 pump, seems to be the standard. No fancy tap set though! I had a 2 tap tower before but to be honest, it was too much work. I use the hole from that to pass my gas lines into the fridge (it's just big enough for 4 with the tank outside). Now there are 4 picnic taps on a rack inside the fridge door, easy and trouble free... What can I say, I'm a practical guy.

I picked up the March 809 pump, seems to be the standard. No fancy tap set though! I had a 2 tap tower before but to be honest, it was too much work. I use the hole from that to pass my gas lines into the fridge (it's just big enough for 4 with the tank outside). Now there are 4 picnic taps on a rack inside the fridge door, easy and trouble free... What can I say, I'm a practical guy.

Cool - I am looking into pumps too - that seems to be the one everyone has. For me I probably won't be buying that until fall. I did the two tower tap, but I also have it pushed up to my living room bar. I still keep two party taps in the keezer down stairs for late night sneaky drinking haha. Taps are fun. But honestly I like the taps best for ciders, skeeterpee, IPA's and hefe's etc., the beers you consume quick and regular. Darker brews I like to bottle.

I will sent the payment over for my two when i get home this evening.

As long as JHen is ok with me coming out this weekend i can pick anyone's who needs it.

I'll get my money over to you soon. I'm over 2 hours away, could some one store mine until I am able to get out there? Which most likely will be when this grain deal goes down. I appreciate it! :mug:

I think all this caused some confusion - this was for a buy of kegs.

No need to send any money for grain stuff just yet

Latest posts

Back