SWMBO Finally Broke Down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwmoose152

Reaction score
SWMBO broke down and is letting me purchase a refrigerator for the man-cave to convert into a kegerator. One rule....CAN'T put a collar on a keezer.

I'm thinking that I'm going to go with a compact refrigerator, but I'm having problems deciding. I've searched high and low in the Show us your Kegerator thread, but still can't decide.

What is the best compact refrigerator for a 2 corny tower setup? Any advice on buying supplies?

Thanks all!

She doesn't want me buying something and taking it apart. At this point, she agreed to let me get a kegerator....thats a win to me.

Man.. you will do less damage to a keezer, then a kegerator.
With a keezer you can build a collar, and drill through that for your faucets. With the kegerator, you are going to have to drill through the door, or the top.

She doesn't want me buying something and taking it apart. At this point, she agreed to let me get a kegerator....thats a win to me.

:confused:

She doesn't want you to buy something and "take it appart", but she has no problem with you buying something and drilling a large hole in the top of it?

Sometimes I just don't understand women...:drunk:

Most women don't understand what's involved. Building something extra for the keezer sounds way more work to someone not knowledgeable about the work than it does to drill a simple hole. Reality is that with a keezer + collar, at the end of the day you have a reversible modification that allows you to go back to a plain old freezer in under an hour. Whether your wife, or anyone's SWMBO, wil listen to such logic... well that's something I can't tell you. You could always present the arguement and go with a 5-6 cu ft freezer so its about the same size as a minifridge.

Otherwise, there is a Sanyo minifridge model everyone seems to like, 4912 I believe.

From the topic subject I thought your SWMBO finally broke down and that you were going to replace her with some newer model :)

:confused:

She doesn't want you to buy something and "take it appart", but she has no problem with you buying something and drilling a large hole in the top of it?

Sometimes I just don't understand women...:drunk:

I'm hiding a little something from her, as far as the fact that i'm going to have to drill a tower in the top of the refrigerator (if that's the route i take). Is that wrong?!? :drunk:

From the topic subject I thought your SWMBO finally broke down and that you were going to replace her with some newer model :)

Glad I'm not the only one whose mind went in this direction.

Tell her about the ease of un-modification of a keezer and collar. "But honey, if I ever get out of beer making, we'll have a perfectly usable freezer! Whereas a fridge with a hole in it is only good as a kegerator, and nothing more."

Just don't tell her that you don't plan on ever un-modifying it.

I think I'm going to do the Frigidaire 4.4 CF model that many here have...or a Danby.

I pre-emptively bought 3 taps for it so far. 1 Killians (SWMBOs favorite), 1 Sam Adams Lager & 1 Moose Crossing sign. Yup, picking up 2 cornys tonight.

Back