Swing Top Lid Gaskets that AREN'T red / orange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killshakes

Reaction score
Almost all of the swing top beer bottle lids I see have red / orange gaskets. Occasionally I come across a white gasket, but rarely.

Does anyone know where I can find swing top lid gaskets that are a different color (e.g., blue, green, yellow, purple, etc., etc.)?

I can get 5 different colours at my hb shop but it is based in Switzerland. I am sure you can get them somewhere. Have you tried on ebay?

I can get 5 different colours at my hb shop but it is based in Switzerland. I am sure you can get them somewhere. Have you tried on ebay?

What colors did your LHBS have?

I searched eBay but didn't come up with anything. The only option I found was a German company that appears to make them, but possibly only in large quantities. I emailed them today but haven't heard anything back.

It's surprisingly hard to find any gaskets that aren't the standard orange-red (though I occasionally see white and black, though I don't really want either of those).

blue, yellow, green, red and black. they sell them for ~10$ / 100pcs

blue, yellow, green, red and black. they sell them for ~10$ / 100pcs

Any chance you can find out who makes them / where the store got them? I'm still searching and can't find anything over here.

I have seen other colors in silicone gaskets at one ofthe lhbs here in Phoenix, but I don't see them on line.

Any chance you can find out who makes them / where the store got them? I'm still searching and can't find anything over here.

Well if it's aesthetics, you won't like my suggestion:p little round color dots on top work well but alas, they can't be seen from the side and are a pain in the fridge to see.

Considered using different color bottles? The come in blue, green, brown and not advocated clear.....

Well if it's aesthetics, you won't like my suggestion:p little round color dots on top work well but alas, they can't be seen from the side and are a pain in the fridge to see.

Considered using different color bottles? The come in blue, green, brown and not advocated clear.....

I like the brown bottles I have because they protect the beer the best--plus, I already have them. As for writing on the cap, the color gasket thing just appeals to me.

I was thinking that in the future, I might have some bottle screen printed with a simple logo, and then use the gasket color to denote the contents (yellow for witbier, green for IPA, purple for bitters, etc., etc.).

If it's to identify beer, why not just put a square of masking tape on top of the lid and write a letter on it? Works a charm for me. As for aesthetics, I don't really notice the tiny orange bands around mine.

As an aside, I just use the silicone ones that come with the Grolsch bottles. They seem to last forever.

I looked online after your last comment and didn't see any either. The store I remember seeing them at was a homebrew store in Tempe AZ that usually don't go to. The store is called Brewers Connection.

It is probably this producer from germany you talked about.

In the article description they write: "Es handelt sich hier nicht um billige
Fernost-Qualität, sondern um die echten Gummiringe aus hartem
Material, die nicht nach jedem Gebrauch ersetzt werden müssen"

Roughly translated that means: The rubber gaskets are not cheap far east quality. But real hard rubber that you don't need to replace after every use.

This is the link to the shop:

http://www.brauundrauchshop.ch/100/con_liste.asp?prono=153&ica=66&vSearch=&nCurPage=&sStartPageNext=&caller=list

I think if you contact them and ask where to get them in the states they will tell you the source.

Back