Sweetening Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rod734

Reaction score
I have made 2 cooper Aussy Stouts and they both turned out very good but lack any sweatness. I wouldn't want it sweat all the time but every now and then I like it. I'm getting ready to make my AHS stout and was wondering how to get some of it to stay sweat. This kit may be a sweater style than the coopers, I'll just have to wait till I tast my samples to see. I thought about sweatening it to tast at bottleing with an artificial sweatener, anybody done this? Has anybody made the AHS extract kit that can give a description of the finished flavor of it?

thanks

Sweetness can be added to your beer by steeping some crystal or caramel malts before you add your extract. You might consider getting a milk/cream/sweet stout kit rather than a dry (i.e. not sweet) stout kit.

My suggestion would be to add sweat to taste at packaging. The best way to collect sweat is to use a small cotton towel to collect sweat during intense exercize. Periodically wring the towel into a jar. Do this for several weeks or as long as it takes to collect approximately a liter or two. This sweat may be either boiled before adding to the beer to sterilize, or you can add it raw if you would like some of the BO-causing bacteria to make it into the beer. This will cause the flavor of the beer to develop an even more sweaty taste as it ages. Good luck!

The sweet stout is a good idea - you add lactose, which can't be fermented, so it stays and adds a touch of sweetness. I think other styles use lactose too, so you can check that out.

:off: rough crowd, with this sweet/sweat thing. Funny as he11 though, made me think of the SNL "Schwetty Balls" bit. I trust the OP knows it is all in good fun.

My suggestion would be to add sweat to taste at packaging. The best way to collect sweat is to use a small cotton towel to collect sweat during intense exercize. Periodically wring the towel into a jar. Do this for several weeks or as long as it takes to collect approximately a liter or two. This sweat may be either boiled before adding to the beer to sterilize, or you can add it raw if you would like some of the BO-causing bacteria to make it into the beer. This will cause the flavor of the beer to develop an even more sweaty taste as it ages. Good luck!

eewwwwwww!

:off: rough crowd, with this sweet/sweat thing. Funny as he11 though, made me think of the SNL "Schwetty Balls" bit. I trust the OP knows it is all in good fun.

I think someone made a mistake here because, I think a really great way to beat the heat is when I come in for lunch after mowing the yard, wet with sweat I like to treat myself to cold lunchmeat sandwich. I like to eat it on wheat bread. Any body can make a mistake though, you guys shouldn't be so hard on Mr. Webster.

Aww man....this is one of those thread titles you get super mad about when you see it's already gone two pages. SO wanted the first crack at it....

This sweat may be either boiled before adding to the beer to sterilize, or you can add it raw if you would like some of the BO-causing bacteria to make it into the beer. This will cause the flavor of the beer to develop an even more sweaty taste as it ages. Good luck!

Classic, LMFAO!!!

Back