Sweet Deal!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfisherwes

Reaction score
Want to hear some awesome stuff!?!? This is my email conversation with the brewery 15 minutes from here:

We don't offer tours as such, but since you are a homebrewer you can come and visit. We use a German pilsner malt and an English pale malt as a base for most of our beers. It cost us around $45. per bag. We are usually here between 9am and 4pm M-F.
Ken and Nate

Hello, I am a local homebrewer and I was wondering if you offer brewery tours or anything like that. I'm pretty new to brewing, and I'd really like to see the process on a larger scale. I was also wondering if you had ever considered selling bulk grain. As we don't have a local homebrew store its pretty difficult to find any decent price on a sack of grain due to the shipping costs.

Thanks,
Wes

Wow, pretty cool. I would def. go and check it out. Who know, they may offer you a job. Hell, if that brewery is popular enough and/or you have a local club have you considered opening your own HBS?

Wow, pretty cool. I would def. go and check it out. Who know, they may offer you a job. Hell, if that brewery is popular enough and/or you have a local club have you considered opening your own HBS?

I'm gonna check it out. Its only a few min away. I'm currently in pharmacy school (graduate in May), so opening a HBS is a little much. But if I can get grain to me for less than 61 bucks a sack I'm all for it.

That is quite an open offer they gave you. I have been wanting to visit there brewery for quite some time. I will be traveling there on business in the next couple of weeks, look like a place I need to check out.

They pay $45.00 a bag? They are getting screwed! That's retail prices!

Those same grains wholesale at about $18-$20 a bag when you buy a pallate at a time! My home brew club got a retail pallate for about $31.00 a bag.

Anyway, those guys are getting screwed....you may want to tell them!

That is quite an open offer they gave you. I have been wanting to visit there brewery for quite some time. I will be traveling there on business in the next couple of weeks, look like a place I need to check out.

What business are you in? Where will you be?

Those same grains wholesale at about $18-$20 a bag when you buy a pallate at a time! My home brew club got a retail pallate for about $31.00 a bag.

I thought that was kind of high, but then again I also considered that it may just be what they told me.

I wish there was something like that around here where I could get those kinds of deals. Home brewing isn't huge here yet. Neither is group activity.

I agree that there is no way they are paying $45 but they will sell it to you for $45. Still a pretty good deal.

I'm with TM, they should not be be paying more than $25/sack for base malts.

Back