Superbowl 50!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being from CO this is pretty bad, but Panthers all the way baby!

Boooooooooooo. Please remove your Colorado location from your profile. ;-)

Go Broncos! That defense is not getting near enough attention. They've won games for this team all year and continue to make plays in the big moments. It's weird to have Peyton Manning and only need him to manage the game and not turn the ball over in order to win games, but that's the way this team is. The defense is the strength.

The Panthers are a tough matchup, though, because Cam Newton and that running game has the potential to negate the strength of the Broncos D, which is the pass rush and the secondary. I don't think we can hold the Panthers to 18 points. I would feel a lot more confident if we got the Cardinals.

Super Bowl!!!!!

Ah, the haters (Pats fans) have arrived.

Please, there is a thread just for obnoxious trash talk for NFL football already. Let's try and keep this thread from degenerating to that level. Please.

:)

Sorry Slym - I thought it was a Superbowl thread. I've been around for all 50 and I am hard pressed to name 5 that were both good games and close games.

On that note, although I saw maybe the final 1/3 of the AFC game yesterday, it appeared to be good and surely close.

I am assuming 1) by his location and 2) by talking about Manning's huge forehead & possible HGH use that the one guy was a Pats fan.

Pardons for any confusion.

I'm split on this one. I've always liked the Broncos, but I've loved the Panthers since at least game 8. I'm like, in charge of cleaning the bandwagon that's so early.

I shall drink beer and watch football that Sunday for sure, so it's got that going for it.

Should be a good game nonetheless. Will go well with the centennial/citra blonde I have fermenting and whatever I throw on the Weber.

Cam deserves the props but please, please, please, keep him away from cameras. I know he's young, good and having fun but I just get tired of seeing his antics.
This looks to be a great defensive matchup. Looking forward to it and hopefully, some good commercials too. :)

Cam deserves the props but please, please, please, keep him away from cameras. I know he's young, good and having fun but I just get tired of seeing his antics.
This looks to be a great defensive matchup. Looking forward to it and hopefully, some good commercials too. :)

This. He has the talent, I just find his ego off putting. The good news is that I don't have to like any of the players to appreciate their talent. :) That said, Broncos all the way.

Interesting slym....you had nothing to say to arnog. Not for nothing it was a Legit question...The Broncos are Going to get crushed.

Interesting slym....you had nothing to say to arnog. Not for nothing it was a Legit question...The Broncos are Going to get crushed.

I don't think they'll get crushed. In 4 losses this year, only 1 of them was by more than 1 score (vs the Chiefs where Peyton threw 4 pics in the 1st half). That defense will always keep them in the game. But I agree they should be the underdog. Cam is a nightmare to defend.

This. He has the talent, I just find his ego off putting. The good news is that I don't have to like any of the players to appreciate their talent. :) That said, Broncos all the way.

Yup. That's the only issue I have with Cam. So yes, go Broncos. Hope this isn't deja vu from 2yrs ago (though certainly the Denver D is WAAAY better now).

Pretty nice story for this year:

2 best defenses going against each other.

Veteran QB trying to go out with a bang and show hes one of the best vs. the next-gen future QB trying to establish his place among the best.

Sorry Slym. Didn't really get the feeling this was the "all serious" Super Bowl thread from the first responses. Didn't mean to be an AZZ. My Bad.

(Packers Fan crying about our season below)

He definitely has the talent but having a boss defense with healthy players surrounding you can make any quarterback look really awesome (not that Cam isn't really good). True test of a QB is when his offensive line is dogging it, and he's missing some of his star targets (and his running back is too fat to be a RB, and runs like a fairy).

I hope the Broncos win. Not that I have any horse in the game since I'm a Packers fan, but I always like to watch the teams with perfect seasons fail on the only game that actually matters.

Do I think thats what will happen? No, I don't think the Bronco's offense will be able to keep up.

Best day ever to go buy electronics. About 3 p.m. should be perfect, Best Buy will be EMPTY!

Plus, there will be about 100 65" TVs tuned to the game. How can you lose? Grab a 6-pack, a bag of chips, and one of those ergonomic chairs they sell and you're set for the evening.

I'm a Steelers fan, but I'm a big Manning fan too.

Eli is my hero just because he keeps kicking Brady's ass. I love the big, dumb, galoot for that. :D

Glad to see Peyton getting another shot after the fiasco 2 years back. Hopefully there will not be a repeat.

If the Denver D can play at 100% and the offense shows up, Denver has a pretty good shot. If not, it will be a blood bath.

Here's to a good game!

I think this is Peyton's last game. I hope he and the rest of the team make the best of it and send him off on top.

I'll be forever grateful for the four years Peyton Manning gave to the Broncos and us fans.

I think this is Peyton's last game. I hope he and the rest of the team make the best of it and send him off on top.

I'll be forever grateful for the four years Peyton Manning gave to the Broncos and us fans.

Nfl mica picked up him telling belicheck after the game this might "be my last rodeo." Something to that effect. Strangely, if he wins, he might come back...

Boooooooooooo. Please remove your Colorado location from your profile. ;-)

Go Broncos! That defense is not getting near enough attention. They've won games for this team all year and continue to make plays in the big moments. It's weird to have Peyton Manning and only need him to manage the game and not turn the ball over in order to win games, but that's the way this team is. The defense is the strength.

The Panthers are a tough matchup, though, because Cam Newton and that running game has the potential to negate the strength of the Broncos D, which is the pass rush and the secondary. I don't think we can hold the Panthers to 18 points. I would feel a lot more confident if we got the Cardinals.

Super Bowl!!!!!

Told ya. :) that defense is legit.

Great defensive play on both sides, but the Bronco's D is downright scary. I've never seen guys that big, move that fast. They completely disrupted Cam Newton. He spent the game running for his life, just like Brady.

Just goes to show you that defense wins championships.

Back