Super notty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyth

Reaction score
So 6ish weeks ago I made some Caribou slobber with stuff I bought from my LBBS, used some notty ale yeast. Simply rehydrated the packet, and pitched, nothing to fancy.

45 mins later I had to rip off the air lock and put a blow off tube on, it was going crazy. I had never seen yeast get to it that fast.

Bottled a week ago, 24h after bottling, the bottles were rock hard. Cracked one tonight just for a lark, and it's fully, and beautifully carbed. Beer is a touch green still, but that's to be expected.

My thought it, this is perhaps the greatest packet of yeast I have ever seen, I'm kicking my ass fr not trying to get some out of the carboy before I cleaned it. Is there any way I could ever possibly get enough out of the bottles to use in another batch, or have I washed the greatest batch of yeast ever down my tub?

Find a thread on capturing the yeast from bottles of chimay. You certainly do have enough yeast in your bottles to work with. It might take several step-ups to get sufficient amount to use though.

Latest posts

Back