Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last one I wrote is a private one for my wife. Two episodes (rather than chapters) to go & it'll be done. Still working on Time Lords 2034;The New Camelot. Part two of the trilogy. 2nd home brewing book still in the works as well. But I will say this...I think I finally found a way to write my style of romance novel. A bit more...explicit. But not gross or anything.

Good Sunday to everybody!

Planted a peach tree for my wife as a Mother's Day gift. The kids will make her a stepping stone to go with it this afternoon. Traveling with the kiddos to spend time with my mother later this eve. The mother in law is at my house all ready. There's a lot of mothers today.

To those that are mothers, happy Mother's Day. To those who have lost their mothers, my condolences. Everyone else, you better at least pick up that phone.

:)

Happy Mothers day everyone. My wife and I will visit both of our mothers today as well as some old friends from New Zealand. If the weather cooperates we will drive the MG with the top down.

If time permits. I'd like to get the chicken coupe cleaned out and the garden plowed and ready for planting. Most years I have it done in mid April, but the weather hasn't been on my side this year.

Of course the lawn needs mowing once again, that's a never ending task this time of year.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

:mug:

Up early this morning, not to kick off a brew day, but to dig the cards and flowers for my wife out from where we hid them yesterday. Got everything setup and the coffee brewed before she walked out into the kitchen! :ban:

She was very happy and is now enjoying some "me time" out in her hobby area while everyone else is sleeping.

Once they're up it'll be off to breakfast and then taking a day trip to a nearby amusement park.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! I heard from both of my children, and my sis, called my Mom. Got some flowers on the table from HWMO, had a nice day in the garden and a lovely dinner. Some homebrew, some wine with dinner. We got a new camper last week and tried it out at Devil's Lake in WI.
Gotta love it!

lilacs mcdon.jpg

Well, Sunday morning has rolled around once again. It has dawned a very cool, wet, and windy 37*F, here in Western New York state. Having heard the forecast for this foulness earlier this week, I got busy planting garden and doing other yard work yesterday. I didn't get the grass mowed though and that will need to get done if the weather permits. After that, a few beers and some much needed relaxing.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

:mug:

The boys cut our grass a couple times already. Weedy lawn across the street is bringing lots of dandelions into the yard. Need to spray again. Got another book published last night. Still going on loosing weight for the new hip...

Happy Sunday everyone. Today's todo list:

1) set up swamp cooler
2) mow lawn
3) plant pumpkins & tomatoes
4) clean fermentation chambers
5) watch hockey

Hope y'all stay safe!

Bottled a recent DIPA. Oh my lord I have the most delicious dank and funky thing I have ever made. Almost tastes like Brett was used. Hops were was planning on this as these are the only hops I have at the moment

0.5 oz Chinook FWH
2.0 oz Cascade @ 5
0.5 oz Chinook @ 2

Hop Stand (40 min @ 180)
1.5 oz Citra
1.0 oz Chinook
1.0 oz Cascade

Dry Hop – 5 days
1.5 oz Citra
1.0 oz Chinook
1.0 oz Cascade

Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed - I have never had this funk without a Brett. I am hoping the flavor is not an infection that works now but will ruin everything by then end of bottle carb. What a rotten mix of excitement and anxiety!!!

Bottled a recent DIPA. Oh my lord I have the most delicious dank and funky thing I have ever made. Almost tastes like Brett was used. Hops were was planning on this as these are the only hops I have at the moment

0.5 oz Chinook FWH
2.0 oz Cascade @ 5
0.5 oz Chinook @ 2

Hop Stand (40 min @ 180)
1.5 oz Citra
1.0 oz Chinook
1.0 oz Cascade

Dry Hop – 5 days
1.5 oz Citra
1.0 oz Chinook
1.0 oz Cascade

Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed - I have never had this funk without a Brett. I am hoping the flavor is not an infection that works now but will ruin everything by then end of bottle carb. What a rotten mix of excitement and anxiety!!!

Drink it fast!!!

Started another book of sex stories last night, after uploading the first one. I think I finally found something I can write about quick every time?...

That is some seriously sick **** right there.

Can't believe HBT would want you posting plugs for your books when the first chapter is child erotica described in great detail, flashback or recounting real life or whatever the **** it is.

Sorry man. That's just bad form.

Also, why would you want to write faster? Shouldn't you slow down and polish your writing skills?

@unionrdr

I don't think it's appropriate to link a book and tell folks about it in the Sunday morning thread of all places, which opens with a chapter discussing English ales and graphic depictions of ten year old boys engaged in sexual acts.

My view is that that sort of link is not appropriate for this (or any forum).

If you are going to keep linking this book, it might be best for HBT members to insert the link into some warning words. Something along the lines...

"This book contains scenes that many will find offensive."

I'd have preferred not to have explored the book (first page of first chapter) at all.

You can choose to write about anything of course. That's your right. Advertising it here in a brewing forum is pretty bad form IMO.

Last edited:
I would have thought the kinds of acts being described in that e-book would have been illegal in the US- here in the UK anything which depicts, describes, portrays or otherwise simulates sexual activity with a minor is illegal.

I always thought that our laws and outlook on sex and sexuality were liberal compared with America.

Seems I was wrong.

@unionrdr

I don't think it's appropriate to link a book and tell folks about it in the Sunday morning thread of all places, which opens with a chapter discussing English ales and graphic depictions of ten year old boys engaged in sexual acts.

My view is that that sort of link is not appropriate for this (or any forum).

If you are going to keep linking this book, it might be best for HBT members to insert the link into some warning words. Something along the lines...

"This book contains scenes that many will find offensive."

I'd have preferred not to have explored the book (first page of first chapter) at all.

You can choose to write about anything of course. That's your right. Advertising it here in a brewing forum is pretty bad form IMO.
Sorry, didn't think of that. but it happened when the character (me) was that age, not the other way around. Just trying to take traumas & make something out of them to ease my mind. stoopid old farts in my youth. i'l get rid of it...my bad everyone...really. i'm not that kind of old guy. Just that those kind of authors keep telling me, when I complain my stuff isn't selling, that, " sex sells"! so I gave it a shot...sorta like an old man remembering his past, growing up. a fictional set of tales. Screw it, no more of that. Damn, that was dumb of me to think of...

I would have thought the kinds of acts being described in that e-book would have been illegal in the US- here in the UK anything which depicts, describes, portrays or otherwise simulates sexual activity with a minor is illegal.

I always thought that our laws and outlook on sex and sexuality were liberal compared with America.

Seems I was wrong.

I'm not sure about the laws against it, but I am pretty sure that no publisher would print it and probably wouldn't get past the first page before throwing it out.

I'm assuming it would be hard to find online even these days, but there are many popular sites for adult fiction, especially "Fan Fiction" (based on pop culture characters) and they are becoming quite popular. Maybe Union should be checking those sites as an avenue for his writings. It's certainly inappropriate here IMO.

And it's probably best to leave off the underage stuff...

Sorry, didn't think of that. but it happened when the character (me) was that age, not the other way around. Just trying to take traumas & make something out of them to ease my mind. stoopid old farts in my youth. i'l get rid of it...my bad everyone...really. i'm not that kind of old guy. Just that those kind of authors keep telling me, when I complain my stuff isn't selling, that, " sex sells"! so I gave it a shot...sorta like an old man remembering his past, growing up. a fictional set of tales. Screw it, no more of that. Damn, that was dumb of me to think of...

So, your books aren't selling and, instead of addressing the real problem, your next move was to write about graphic sexual encounters between 10 year old boys? Yes, there's a common saying "sex sells." But, I could list for you the 999 reasons why your books aren't selling and none of them would be "lack of sexual content." I would delete that book off of everything you have it saved on and never speak of it again.
I (attempted to) read the free preview of the book on Amazon thinking I would get a laugh out of it. Instead, I found myself wanting to remove my eyes and burn them. That was the filthiest peice of garbage I have ever had the displeasure of viewing.

Welp, it looks like uniondr has removed the link from the signature.

I know that his passion is writing, we all make lesser than best decisions from time to time, and there is a place for everything (I stopped checking the boneyard, but that place can be pretty raw, not that it belongs there either, but whatever). Someone was simply proud of what they were able to accomplish and was brave enough to share it with the world (all of the material, not just the publication).

If you're disgusted about the material, send him a private message and keep the lynching off my Sunday Morning, thanks ;)

Welp, it looks like uniondr has removed the link from the signature.

I know that his passion is writing, we all make lesser than best decisions from time to time, and there is a place for everything (I stopped checking the boneyard, but that place can be pretty raw, not that it belongs there either, but whatever). Someone was simply proud of what they were able to accomplish and was brave enough to share it with the world (all of the material, not just the publication).

If you're disgusted about the material, send him a private message and keep the lynching off my Sunday Morning, thanks ;)

Had to be done. This isn't a place to peddle your wares (not in this section anyway)... and I'm surprised you were OK with the original post in 'your' Sunday Thread, given the subject matter.

Had to be done. This isn't a place to peddle your wares (not in this section anyway)... and I'm surprised you were OK with the original post in 'your' Sunday Thread, given the subject matter.

Never read the books. I'm not offended by sex, but wasn't aware of the subject matter either. Could be Danielle Steel or the next 50 Shades or Lolita. Please don't insinuate I was okay with anything. This is a free forum, user is responsible for his action, I'm not a moderator. Let's move on.

I'm... going to need an explanation on this one. Please tell me it's not what it sounds like.

On Sunday, I'm going to the store to buy materials. Then I'm going home and making cornhole boards while drinking beer. Later the following week, I'll sew little bags full of corn that we can throw at the cornhole boards Memorial Day weekend, while drinking beer.

On Sunday, I'm going to the store to buy materials. Then I'm going home and making cornhole boards while drinking beer. Later the following week, I'll sew little bags full of corn that we can throw at the cornhole boards Memorial Day weekend, while drinking beer.

They really should come up with a less suggestive name for that game.

Like BackDoor Entry.

Back in the day we didn't have such fancy devices.

The men would all gather under the neighborhood oak tree and play washers. Two holes dug in the ground about 2" in diameter and they'd toss washers into them from a distance.

Think it was just an excuse to gather and drink beer.

Back in the day we didn't have such fancy devices.

The men would all gather under the neighborhood oak tree and play washers. Two holes dung in the ground about 2" in diameter and they'd toss washers into them from a distance.

Think it was just an excuse to gather and drink beer.

Things have come a long way indeed.

These days a game of warshers (as it is properly called) consists of two wooden platforms, each with three 2" holes worth different point values. Technology is amazing.

And it is superior to cornhole as a drinking game in every way.
*stares at CAD intently*

Things have come a long way indeed.

These days a game of warshers (as it is properly called) consists of two wooden platforms, each with three 2" holes worth different point values. Technology is amazing.

And it is superior to cornhole as a drinking game in every way.
*stares at CAD intently*

Last time I drank and played cornhole for 8 hours straight, I sustained a nearly life ending wound when my drunken victory lap ended in a horrible spill over one of the boards. It hurt really bad. Took 3 Spongebob bandaids to stop the bleeding.

Back