Summers End Herf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoke76

Reaction score
What the he!! is a "Herf" you ask? If any of you guys and gals smoke cigars you probably been to one or a few. This fall with the sponsorship of Cigarette City I am putting together The Summers End Herf. Lots of food, free beer (commercial brew, sorry guys), Thousands of dollars in raffles, and of course Cigars. The cost is $89 and all the procceeds will go to Camp Takumta, a free summer camp for kids with Cancer, You can get more info at www.herfbros.com or PM me and I can arange a ticket sale.

Happy Herfing!:mug:

By the way if anyone is interested we get together once a month for a "mini herf" to smoke a few and drink a few more!!:drunk:

My bad, here is a "official" definition!

What Is A Herf?

Herf? What the heck IS a herf? You're new to this cigar business; you're surfing from site to site, and this word keeps cropping up- 'herf'. Lot's of people write 'herf', but nobody tells to what on earth 'herf' means. Well, we will!

It's a term coined in the alt.smokers.cigars newsgroup, way back in 1996. 'Herf' caught on, and has been part of the cigar lexicon ever since. Below is the definitive posting at ACS on the origin of 'herf'...

HERF - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY:

The un-official word of ASC is Herf. Herf is a unique part of speech. It can be correctly used as a noun, a verb, an adjective, an adverb, an infinitive, a prefix, a suffix and an explicative.

The arcane word "herf" first entered the ASC lexicon on November 21, 1996, and was quickly elevated to frenetic and common use by ASCers. The Prince of Skeeves exposed ASC to the word herf in a casual posting to the group... however it was ASCers, as a budding collective, who took the word and made it divine.

Herf is now virulently spreading to worldwide common use as hip cigar parlance.

Basicly it's juat a Gathering where fellow Cigar enthusiests (spellcheck) get together and smoke. The one I'm putting together should be pretty big about 3-4 hundred people. A whole lot of smoke!!! Good thing its outside!

smoke76 said:
My bad, here is a "official" definition!

Oh, that explains it. :confused:

Some dudes just made up a goofy word, with no meaning or root, like "krunk". Now they use it in whatever manner they please.

That's all you had to say.

Evan! said:
Oh, that explains it. :confused:

Some dudes just made up a goofy word, with no meaning or root, like "krunk". Now they use it in whatever manner they please.

That's all you had to say.

Really wasn't the point of the thread but, yeah a made up word like "kegerator":D

Back