Summer time NB or AHS Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atimmerman88

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good kit for my 2nd batch

AHS or NB would probably be my preferred vendors

Looking for a good crowd pleaser for our 4th of July party

Any recommendations ?

Leaning toward : T-Can & Bearcat's Wheaten Beatdown Extract Kit

I think the T-Can & Bearcat's Wheaten Beatdown sounds really good for a summer bbq kind of beer. I was thinking about making it my summer beer too...Either that, or the Sierra Madre

I made that her and thought it was good, but low on hop flavor. It was way less than what I would expect a typical pale ale.to have, just slightly more than a wheat. I dry hopped mine for a little while after I tapped the keg to add a little more flavor and aroma to it and it helped slightly.

I'm looking for a good kit for my 2nd batch

AHS or NB would probably be my preferred vendors

Looking for a good crowd pleaser for our 4th of July party

Any recommendations ?

Leaning toward : T-Can & Bearcat's Wheaten Beatdown Extract Kit

I've been leaning towards the orange creamsicle ale: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_42_172&products_id=13328 or the peach ale: http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_42_172&products_id=357

Something that is a big hit at my house is the Black Ale from Austin Homebrew as well as the fat tire clone from them. The Belgian white is also very good, probably more of a summertime beer that you might be looking for.

D_Nyholm said:
Something that is a big hit at my house is the Black Ale from Austin Homebrew as well as the fat tire clone from them. The Belgian white is also very good, probably more of a summertime beer that you might be looking for.

Im was thinking a blonde or hefe, kind of in the midset of lienes summer shandy since it seems like a lot of my family enjoys it while very few if any can even stand the smell of IPAs and the like.

Thinking itd good to have a beer for the mass in the pipeline

We just started as well (2 batches). And with summer upon us we are making our next two a hefeweizen as well as a Fat Tire clone.
We did a pale ale yesterday.
These should get us throught a hot Texas summer.

NB Patersbier, I just brewed and had my first bottle saturday, good stuff, light and refreshing, but with delicious belgian flavors from the yeast. If you like Belgians, and you like Pilsners, then its a good bet

Pulled the trigger and got the wheaton beatdown, thanks for the recommendatios.

I'll reply back with how it goes

Latest posts

Back