Specialty Fruit Beer Summer Shandy Lemonade Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Danstar Munich German Wheat Beer
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
Fairly close to a popular summer shandy will try lemonaid kool aid part of next batch
Ingredients:
8 lb Rahr Pale Ale malt
6 lb white wheat malt
1 oz Cluser (60 minutes) (~6.5%)
0.5 oz Cascade (10 minutes) (~6 %)
(2 gallons) Simply Lemonade

Mash at 151 for 70 minutes
Boil for 60 minutes

Used Danstar Munich German Wheat Beer
Primary Ferment for 28 days to allow majority of yeast to drop out of suspension

Mix finished product with potassium sorbate
mix beer with lemonade. (I have found using 2.5 of the 1.75L simply lemonades and 3.75-4 gallons of beer (whatever it takes to top off the keg( tastes pretty good. I don't shake the lemonade up in the bottles as I don't want to add oxygen to the beer.

Use remaining beer in additional keg or use for experiments. I use it in a 3 gallon keg and mix it with some homemade strawberry lemonade that the wife likes

***Please note that the lemonade contains sugar, the use of potassium sorbate will not kill the yeast but stops the reproduction of yeast, you may have some fermentation after adding the lemonade. I suggest putting the keg in the fridge right away to decrease chances of further fermentation.

Hey. Sorta gonna try this today. Only half the size and I'm gonna add mandarin orange to the primary. It's a great base recipe for any citrusy beer. I'll let ya know how it goes. What'd you use for the yeast? I usually go safale-05.

Oh and cutting out the lemonade part But I'll try that at some point too. I just happen to of hit a sale on mandarin orange

Back