Summer beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdutton24

Reaction score
Looking for a really nice citrusy pale ale. Nothing extreme on the hops but balanced. I need an extract kit or solid recipe I can buy online. Somethi g along the loned of new belgion tamgerine ipa. Lobe that stuff! Thanks guys!

I just brewed this kit, haven't tasted it yet, but the reviews are all great

http://www.northernbrewer.com/kama-citra-session-ipa-recipe-kit

I am currently fermenting my 3rd batch of this recipe. I think this will be right in line with what you are looking for.
The last two were 10 gallon batches. I did the all grain version, mashed at 151 and got 89% attenuation with 1056 yeast. Made a nice crisp summer type of beer with great citrus flavor from the hops.
I brewed it this spring to have a summer beer ready when the weather warmed up. Went through 10 gallons really fast so I had to brew it again this past weekend. It didn't help that friends were taking it home by the growler.

Awesome I'll get that one next. I actually bought the fresh squeezed ipa kit fromMidwest. They had a 20% off deal on it so I tried it. It got great reviews as well! Anyone ever brewed it?

I had not seen that one from Midwest. The Kama Citra is similar, using 40L malt instead of a higher L malt and cascade hops instead of mosaic but the rest runs along similar lines. If you likes the fresh squished I don't think the Kama Citra will disappoint.

Back