Suggestions for Brewery Logo... help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I have been struggling with putting together a somewhat respectable brewery logo. Our brewery is dubbed Broken Glass Brewery, and I have put together many different logos, and have not been happy with any of them.

Here are my last few attempts, these are rough drafts and are definitely missing something. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated.

I like the second one the most, it looks most like the font is behind the glass, which is the effect I am looking for, but the logo itself still seems a little one dimensional...

...and I don't know why the 'e' in brewery is missing a portion, must be a glitch in the upload/formatting process, because it should be there.

I actually like both of them very much! I think when we spend so much time on a design no matter how awesome it is we start to hate it and pick it apart!!! Go with it looks nice!!

I think it's excellent, but what I'm wondering is how you're going to integrate it into labels... or if you're even planning on that.

If the all black-and-white one is vector, then ok - you can slap that anywhere at any size on a label and it will look fantastic.

The other two with more detail on the glass - I'm not sure how you are going to frame that.

Am I making sense?

The second one is sweet you can try changing the font somewhat to make it different. Try make like a lable out of it with the ABV and ingredients and all that stuff and see if you like it.

I think it's excellent, but what I'm wondering is how you're going to integrate it into labels... or if you're even planning on that.

If the all black-and-white one is vector, then ok - you can slap that anywhere at any size on a label and it will look fantastic.

The other two with more detail on the glass - I'm not sure how you are going to frame that.

Am I making sense?

They are all vector, mad in inkscpape, I just scaled aned saved them as .jpg with Gimp to get them here.

You make a very valid point though, If I wanted this on a label, then I don't know how I would integrate it.

Back to the drawing board...any suggestions?

You make a very valid point though, If I wanted this on a label, then I don't know how I would integrate it.

Back to the drawing board...any suggestions?

I think you could put it on a label fairly nicely. Change the color background, integrate the broken glass over the entire label since the glass part looks like a borrowed image. You don't have to change the label just the name of the beer. ;)

As far as any suggestions. :D hahaha Hire brewbrand creative;)

you could always go with a broken bottle/carboy/mug (or all) w/ some beer spilt around the name. Or simply take the glass overlay out and use broken letters w/ a slight 3d feel to them. Oh have you seen the Discount tire company commercial where the old lady tosses the tire through the window. Then they show 'Discount Tire Company' put togeather in broken glass. it's kinda at an angle? you could do that also. make it look like the letters are on top of the "broken glass" but at an angle like it's on the floor.
Those are just off the top of my head.

IS this for an actual brewery (like business) or just your home brew?

I like it! I agree, it's missing something, but as a base logo it's excellent. Make different colors for your brews and you have a winner on your hands. Maybe some kind of graphic or even plain ribbon borders on top and bottom could help, and be a base for text like beer name/style, ABV, brewery info? I like the font too - very in-your-face and not lame at all.

I'm envisioning a black background, red graphics/side text/side colors, and maybe a dark yellow (kind of maize or goldenrod, maybe lighter) main font. Of course, whatever colors work for you are great!

I think you could put it on a label fairly nicely. Change the color background, integrate the broken glass over the entire label since the glass part looks like a borrowed image. You don't have to change the label just the name of the beer. ;)

As far as any suggestions. :D hahaha Hire brewbrand creative;)

you could always go with a broken bottle/carboy/mug (or all) w/ some beer spilt around the name. Or simply take the glass overlay out and use broken letters w/ a slight 3d feel to them. Oh have you seen the Discount tire company commercial where the old lady tosses the tire through the window. Then they show 'Discount Tire Company' put togeather in broken glass. it's kinda at an angle? you could do that also. make it look like the letters are on top of the "broken glass" but at an angle like it's on the floor.
Those are just off the top of my head.

IS this for an actual brewery (like business) or just your home brew?

Thanks for the input, this is just a prohect for homebrew, but I like to dabble in the graphic arts.

My first thoughts were just like the old Discount Tire Company where the broken glass glass on the ground spells the name, but I was trying to figure out a quick and dirty way to do it with Inkscape or Gimp. Then I thought it would look cool if the Font was behind the glass and the broken glass was distorting the name.

I just put together a very simple shipping label logo that I like, and I think can be utilized for some labels too, but I think my label concepts will be beer specific, rather than my brewery logo stamped on the front with a different beer name on it.

Any feedback on this one?

I like it! I agree, it's missing something, but as a base logo it's excellent. Make different colors for your brews and you have a winner on your hands. Maybe some kind of graphic or even plain ribbon borders on top and bottom could help, and be a base for text like beer name/style, ABV, brewery info? I like the font too - very in-your-face and not lame at all.

I'm envisioning a black background, red graphics/side text/side colors, and maybe a dark yellow (kind of maize or goldenrod, maybe lighter) main font. Of course, whatever colors work for you are great!

Thank! This is my favorite font right now, so I'm glad someone mentioned liking it. Different colors is a great idea, as well as banners, but they would have to be cool.

I will search for some neat banners, and see if I can update these.

Back