Suggest a partial mash ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E_Marquez

Reaction score
Like the title says.. Suggest a partial mash ale recipe and yeast selection.

My fermentation chamber only holds two 6.5 gal buckets,,, and it's full :)

But darn it... I still have three 6.5 buckets and one 5gal carboy over in the corner looking all lonely...

So,,,, I was thinking... I keep my brew equipment room closed and our house AC is on a lot.. we like a cool summer house,, so 72-73 is the norm. Might hit 74-75 in the room for a few min if Im in and out of the room a lot... (spare bedroom, not used for anything but beer at this point) but even then,, the 5 gal of wort would likely not rise in temp much at all from just a few min of warmer ambient temps....... i think anyway,., just too much mass in that bucket to be so quickly effected.

Figure fermenting wort will be a few deg warmer. Ambient 72-73,, Wort 75-78f

Thats workable for a ale yeast.. yes?
Research shows....
Top-Fermenting Yeast
Ale yeast strains are best used at temperatures ranging from 10 to 25°C, though some strains will not actively ferment below 12°C (33). Ale yeasts are generally regarded as top-fermenting yeasts since they rise to the surface during fermentation, creating a very thick, rich yeast head. That is why the term "top-fermenting" is associated with ale yeasts. Fermentation by ale yeasts at these relatively warmer temperatures produces a beer high in esters, which many regard as a distinctive character of ale beers.

What do you all think of something using a Wyeast Belgian Saison 3724 and the above conditions?

Thanks in advance for your time

Back