Stupid ?... How do I install a wall mount drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookiemofo

Reaction score
It didn't come with any screws. Do I just get sheet metal screws and predrill the 3 holes? It's the kind where the whole thing lifts up off the screws to be emptied/cleaned.

I can't seem to find anything online about it, and haven't had a chance to stop in at a home depot

Is this going on the side of a fridge/keezer? I wouldn't drill in, you could bust a coolant line. Do you have a picture/link of the exact drip tray?

Popular mounting methods here usually involve sticking L-brackets to the wall (glue, heavy duty velcro, rare earth magnets) then velcroing the drip tray on top of that to keep it removable. But that's for surface mount drip trays. Sounds like yours already has holes to screw it to a wall, but I'd try to avoid doing so on a fridge.

no it's on the door so I don't have any coolant lines to worry about... thankfully!

It's this guy here

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B8IAOU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Gotcha. Looks like a nice drip tray!

I'm sure someone has done this exact thing before, but yeah, I'd recommend grabbing some sheet metal screws, drilling some pilot holes in the door, and trying it out. If those don't give enough grip you can get some bolts, go all the way through the door, put a big old washer on the inside and clamp 'em down with a nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Just run two or three screws into the door of the fridge and you should be fine. Just make sure the screws are tight enough that it will not get bumped loose when somebody goes to get a refil.

You'll want SST phillips panhead sheet metal screws. Probably #8 or #10 x 1/2" or 5/8" long.

Take your drip tray with you to Home Depot or Lowes and get the largest diameter screws in which both the screw head fits though the hole at the top and the screw body thread fits in the slot.

If the hole you already drilled is too big, just reposition the tray higher so that the hole is hidden behind the tray and re-drill the correct size holes.

Back