Stupid Crowdfunding Campaigns

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Matthew Inman (ie the guy behind The Oatmeal) is involved, any crowdfunding will be massively successful and record shattering. This in no way surprises me. He's one of the internet's darlings, no?

Mostly just jealousy :) and constant reminder that some people will pay for anything. Some of the stuff is cool and for a worthwhile cause. Some are just down right entertaining.

As in, look at when he tried to crowdfund money when he got sued by FunnyJunk. Or when he tried to raise money to save Nikola Tesla's workshop/build a museum there. Both made massive amounts of money very very quickly.

I wondering if I can just go with this one:

I'd like to be rich. I've always liked money, and I think if I can get more of it; it would be nice. I'm not asking for much, but a little from a lot adds up. If everyone on the internet could find it in their hearts to give me 5 dollars.. just five dollars.. it could make a hige difference in my life.

Difficulties include:
Getting people to donate money
Figuring out what to do with my new money
Possibly hiring a manager to make sure I don't go broke again.

Rewards include:
A Personal- hand written thank you note.
A signed picture of me swimming in a pile of my new money Uncle Scrooge style
Highest donation will get a personal visit complete with a high five and a McDonald's Value Meal.

Goal $1,000,000

I wondering if I can just go with this one:

I'd like to be rich. I've always liked money, and I think if I can get more of it; it would be nice. I'm not asking for much, but a little from a lot adds up. If everyone on the internet could find it in their hearts to give me 5 dollars.. just five dollars.. it could make a hige difference in my life.

Difficulties include:
Getting people to donate money
Figuring out what to do with my new money
Possibly hiring a manager to make sure I don't go broke again.

Rewards include:
A Personal- hand written thank you note.
A signed picture of me swimming in a pile of my new money Uncle Scrooge style
Highest donation will get a personal visit complete with a high five and a McDonald's Value Meal.

Goal $1,000,000

Pretty much, but I would make the goal 25 times what you earn in a year so you can retire (based on he 4% rule). Retire is a loose term since you will be hand writing thank you notes for the rest of your life

Pretty much, but I would make the goal 25 times what you earn in a year so you can retire (based on he 4% rule). Retire is a loose term since you will be hand writing thank you notes for the rest of your life

Lol.. depends on how many donors I get.. If I get enough to be super rich.. I'll hire someone else to write them.. I said they'd be personal.. not that I'D be the one writing them... Any one can write "Thank You, Jim, for helping to make my dream come true." "Thank You, Marcie, For helping to make my dream come true." etc. Then maybe it's just a matter of me signing them.. that can go fairly quickly.. signatures don't have to be legible. :fro:

Lol.. depends on how many donors I get.. If I get enough to be super rich.. I'll hire someone else to write them.. I said they'd be personal.. not that I'D be the one writing them... Any one can write "Thank You, Jim, for helping to make my dream come true." "Thank You, Marcie, For helping to make my dream come true." etc. Then maybe it's just a matter of me signing them.. that can go fairly quickly.. signatures don't have to be legible. :fro:

You're going to be a big man. Do it properly. Stamp.

Also, I am out of toilet paper. Dear internet, please buy me more toilet paper.

Difficulties include:

I am stuck on the toilet until I get more toilet paper.

Rewards include:

I will promise not to wipe on your carpet.

Goal: $1,000,000,000

GO!

Back