Stuck on a deserted island.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMPriest

Reaction score
If you were stuck on a deserted island with only one variety of hop to brew with. Which one would that be? You can pick any hop.

Can I trade in my one hop choice for a beautiful island girl whose father owns a brewery? Oh and knows how to roll good cigars :ban:

Sigh I thought not but heck one can dream. So I would guess Saaz for me. Good for bittering and aroma.

This Island has everything you need to make beer except for only one variety of hop. Ha ha! Yeah! no trading for chicks!

LabRatBrewer said:
What would you make with it? I struggle with styrian goldings. I have an mild in the fermenter now with it. Hope it comes out. :pipe: sorry never saw that simily before.

Pretty much any Belgian or farmhouse style. Think you'd also have success with English styles since it's genetically the same as Fuggle though I've not tried it. Attempts at APA/IPA would come out tasting like the English variant but I could live with it. Much as I love Amarillo, I use it for a narrow range of styles, and on this desert island of yours I think we're brewing Saison. ;)

GLACIER......

Can you feel the smooth aroma wafting and the decent bittering taking hold?

sure cascade is ok too.

Latest posts

Back