Stuck? Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookthirty

Reaction score
At first I thought I had a stuck fermentation with my NEIPA but now I’m not so sure. Would like to avoid 50 bottle bombs if possible. Here is the history, any thoughts or suggestions?

OG 1.064 (refractometer)
Fermentation started about 36 hrs after pitching, intentionally pitched at slightly lower temp of 65 degrees for the yeast strain, Omega Tropical IPA. Did not make a starter but once fermentation started it was vigorous. Dry hopped at 72 hours, high krausen, temp was 70 degrees. Things seemed to be slowing 10 days later so I took a reading and got 1.030. Was concerned that temp was too low at 70 degrees so I moved fermenter to a different room and brought the temp up to 77 degrees and took a reading after 2 days which was the same 1.030. Temp came up some more and I started rousing occasionally over the next 7 days, took 3 more readings with same gravity. Went to local HBS and bought Vermont Yeast, made a starter and pitched 48 hours later (74 degrees). No visible krausen in the starter, but it was only one liter and produced a bunch of co2 when I swirled it. Now 10 days later I’m still at 1.030, after seeing some mild activity in the airlock.

First runnings from the boil were 1.090, hit target gravity, everything seemed to progress normally, but it won’t budge from 1.030. I’m starting to think I had a bad mash (all grain) and produced way more dextrins and unfermentables than intended. Oh and it tastes like pretty good beer, no off flavors or sweetness. I think I just dry hop and bottle, help!

Duh, been a couple of years since my last brew. Did not remember this. I just used an online calculator to correct the reading, looks like it did ferment out completely. ‍♂️♂️♂️

Back