Stubborn raisins!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Requiemm

Reaction score
I have about 8 raisins in my JAOM that just will not fall. Mead is crystal clear and all other fruit has dropped but these little buggers won't fall!

Will I break the warranty if I give up and bottle tonight? It was started on 7/19.

Only reason I ask is I have to move it out of the room it is in due to out of town guests and I'm trying to decide if moving or bottling is the best plan.

From other posts I've seen on here and GotMead, it seems like it's pretty common for some of the raisins to stay floating.

If it's clear you can bottle it as per the recipe's instructions. It is not required that the fruit drops.

The fruit will drop but takes a long time.

Crash cool the mead and those suckers will sink like a (very floaty) stone.

Has anyone tried putting them in like a small hop bag for easy removal? I was getting ready to use fig in secondary and debated on just dropping them in or putting them in a bag for easy removal. I'd tie a strong magnet at the top of the bag so I can put a magnet on the outside of the carboy and allow the bag to float in the center and not rest on the bottom.

Back