Stripped down off the shelf Kegerator as Fermentation Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewandowski46

Reaction score
I have a 1 tap commercial kegerator purchased as Sam's Club I sometimes use to cold crash my kegs when I don't have any commercial brew on tap. I keep scratching my head as to why we don't use these fridges make a fermentation fridge. I'm pretty sure I could fit two carboys in it, more likely two BMB/Fermonsters would definitely fit, maybe even two brew buckets. It definitely fits three 5 gallon corny kegs with room to spare.

So I started searching. The basis for my search was trying to find the base fridge used in my kegerator: http://www.kegco.com/kegerators/single_faucet/K209B-1.html or similar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QKU5VM6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 Basically those are what I have. If you notice, the compressor hump barely takes up any space inside and there's no shelves on the door or other things to get in the way or have to trim off.

So I searched and searched. Ebay, Amazon, random appliance websites, etc. and I can't for the life of me find the base/stripped down fridge without the kegging accessories. I don't need another tap tower, co2, regulator, etc., I just want the base fridge. Anybody know or stumbled across somebody that sells just that? I think my answer to why nobody uses them as a fridge option is they are so elusive.

:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are a different model, smaller and have a bigger compressor hump in them. The one Haier I have the CO2 bottle can fit inside the fridge with 3 corny kegs. Those kegco ones barely fit a 15.5 gal sankey and a coors style actually doesn't fit in them.

Aside from that getting much closer!! Thanks for those I'm looking through the similar items to see if anything else comes up.

You might want to keep you eye on this EdgeStar model. I picked one up a few months ago when the price dropped to $303, plus they offered another $20 off and six months same as cash when you signed up for their Prime credit card. I've been very happy with mine as it comfortable fits my SS BrewBucket.

Back