Stout fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCorkis

Reaction score
I brewed a dry Irish stout. Yesterday it was a all grain kit from NB I used wyeast irish ale. I popped the pack in the am and brewed around 11am and when the pack was fully expanded I added it to a starter and had it their till about 6pm when I pitched it. I went out to the bar and came home around 1am and the thing was aggressively fermenting and I was happy but when I woke up around 9am this morning not a bubble in sight. It seemed to quick I hope everything's good. Ps I forgot to take a reading and I'm to scared to open it up for a testing now

It's doing just fine. Leave it alone for a few weeks, then working about opening it up and poking around. Disregarding all of the debates on how useless an airlock is in determining active fermentation, your stout is fermenting just fine and may have finished up the bulk of its work already... not unusual.

Nice. This is my first stout and my 5th batch ever. I wanted to brew it for st Patrick's day and I wanna make sure it's good :) if any pointers let me know. I was thinking of kegging it in one of them coors light kegs with some co2 cart and then before drinking it adding a no2 whip it's for the nice nitro head

Also the temp has been weird in the house. Started at 70 and aggresive fermentation then 67 and now it was at 73. Hope its ok

Back