Stout Faucet Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkasten12

Reaction score
I am looking to expand my system to include a stout faucet. For my normal faucets I use Perlicks as they are the best and never stick. Is there any similar concerns with Stout faucets? I have seen them ranging anywhere from $50-150. Is there any specifics to need to look for when buying a stout faucet?

I have similar questions, and also am curious what a stout faucet does without a beer gas mix.
Does a stout faucet provide any advantage or disadvantage when served under normal CO2 carbonation & serving pressures?

To get the full advantage of a stout faucet you really need the nitrogen/co2 mix. I've seen videos of people using them with co2 but all the co2 simply comes out of solution way too quickly and doesn't provide the creamy head and mouthfeel that you're looking for with a nitro setup.

I've been pretty happy with the SS stout faucet I purchased from FBS. The only downside to it is beer tends to catch in the tip of the faucet so you kind of have to tap your glass to get the last of it flowing.

Figure about $200-$250 for a full beergas setup (this is assuming you're converting an existing tap line over...more if you need the disconnects and hoses). You're going to need the faucet, the nitrogen regulator, and a beergas tank (with nitrogen fittings). They sell adapters that allow you to use a co2 regulator with a nitrogen tank but I don't have any experience with those.

I think I paid about $45 for the nitrogen regulator, $80 for the faucet, and $80 for the tank (including the first fill). Not including shipping on the regulator and faucet, because I purchased other stuff along with them as well anyway :D

Latest posts

Back