Stout BIAB kettle 18 gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanky94

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just wondering what e of everyones thoughts are on this bit of kit?

http://conical-fermenter.com/BK18TW-TI-EL1-BIB-104-18-gal-Brew-In-Bag-Kettle.html

I am waiting for delivery on one that I will be electric firing and controlled by a PID 30a BIAB controller from ebrewsupply.

The quality and work of the kettle looks spot on, but I cant help thinking I should have had stout made the basket with solid sides and a 400 micron mesh bottom?

Do you all think I will get decent results by using a bag inside the provided basket?

The basket has 3/32 holes on sides and bottom like a false bottom. Have you asked Stout what they recommend ?

I did speak the designer and he recommended using a bag aswell. Just curious to see if others have used it aswell as peoples thoughts on it

My entire electric BIAB setup, including a stainless mesh basket, costs what they're asking just for that kettle.

My entire electric BIAB setup, including a stainless mesh basket, costs what they're asking just for that kettle.

Your not the first to say it's expensive

Please show a link to yours. I'd genuinely like to see your ideas

Sorry for bringing to life a deceased thread but I would love to hear about the performance of these Stout BIAB Kettles.

Can @Lanky94 oe anyone else give us some feedback? Is the bag still necessary?

Back