Storing mixed StarSan in plastic.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icu812

Reaction score
I mixed up a 1/2 oz of starsan in 2-1/2 gallons of distilled water. This will be stored long term In plastic spray bottles for sanitizing small parts. Will storing this in plastic have any effect on the solution or would glass be a better choice? :mug:

It should be fine. I store StarSan in a spray bottle for cleaning my beer faucets and many keep StarSan in HDPE buckets from brew session to brew session.

It should be fine. I store StarSan in a spray bottle for cleaning my beer faucets and many keep StarSan in HDPE buckets from brew session to brew session.

How do you clean your faucets with star san? I thought it was a sanitizer.

I store my reusable star san in spray bottles and old cranberry and apple juice jugs, I think you'll be fine.

If you are really concerned Brew Strong (the brewing network's show with JZ and Palmer) had a sanitation episode with the star san guy and they went over all of this stuff, check it out

Yup store my spray star-san in a spray bottle and I keep 5 gallons in distilled water in a zeyhperhills bottle no issues here.

+1 on distilled, it's the key.

I'm unhinged, but I do a taste test on the spray bottle, if you used tap water, it will loose the acid taste and taste soapy. (taste it fresh so you have a baseline) DO NOT TASTE UNDILUTED STAR SAN! I have, thus the above mentioned drain bamage!

Back