Storing homebrew in garage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidaddytn

Reaction score
During the summer, our garage can get 85-95 degrees... Once I have bottled, will it mess up the beer to bottle condition in this environment?
I mean, the fermentation is already done at this point and only a fraction of sugar is added to kick off a little more for carbonation...

If this is not a good idea then what if I bottle condition for 3 weeks first in a cooler environment, and then *store* the beer in this warm environment until I'm ready to refrigerate and drink?

I've recently moved and need to figure out how to utilize the garage for storing some of my homebrew (my pipeline is high right now... maybe 8 cases bottled)

I would think storing at those temps would probably be OK short term, but it seems like the shelf life may suffer. You still have live yeast in there, so I'd try and keep them at comfortable temps even after the bulk of their work is done. Just my opinion.

Oh, and +1 on the Craigslist fridge.

If this is not a good idea then what if I bottle condition for 3 weeks first in a cooler environment, and then *store* the beer in this warm environment until I'm ready to refrigerate and drink?

Beer is always conditioning, at any temp and after any amount of time. Bringing them inside or in a fridge outside would be ideal.

Back